November 2014 Moms
Options

Waking babies?

when did you stop waking your babies to eat? I have a 2 week old and I'm still waking her to eat and was wondering when I could stop that.

Re: Waking babies?

• Options
    I'm not BF'ing, but I would think that unless your ped has told you to wake them you could just let them sleep.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our pediatrician gave us the OK at 2 weeks to let him sleep up to 4-hour stretches at night but keep feeding on demand at least every 3 hours during the day.  He'll usually only sleep 1 4-hour stretch at night (and I wake him after 4 hours) so the rest of the time he'll indicate that he's ready to eat every 1.5-3 hours.  At our 1 month appointment if his weight is OK she said we could stop waking altogether then.  Seems to vary by baby/pediatrician!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    I was under the impression that you could stop once they reach/surpass their birth weight.
    Yes to this. I stopped waking Will up once he had surpassed his birth weight. I still aim for every 2-3 hours during the day and one 5 hour stretch at night, but I just feed on demand now. I was scared he wouldn't feed often enough, but he definitely let's me know when he's hungry.
    This exactly. 
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"