October 2014 Moms

Sunday Sunday Randoms

Re: Sunday Sunday Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Tomorrow is my first day back at work. Not happy. Pretty sure I'm not going back after Christmas. Or if I do, it's as PRN, so I only work a few days per month.
    This is exactly how I felt when I went back. My mom gave me great advice. She said, 6 weeks off, 6 weeks on... Meaning since I've been off 6 weeks, I should give it a real chance and work at least 6 weeks before deciding not to work. 2 weeks in, I'm already so glad to be working again.
    Not bad advice at all.  I was a SAHM with the older 3, and I really just want the same experience with this one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Leysin97Leysin97 member
    edited November 2014
    Fed LO before leaving the house. Drove across town. Usually she falls asleep in the car...nope awake. Walk into the store and she has a meltdown. Go to feed her think she's done another meltdown. Thank goodness for the nice comfortable feeding room at the store.
  • I just realized the song "Merry Christmas from the Family" perfectly describes my side of the family's Christmas.  So redneck, but so fun.  I'm sad I'll be missing out this year.

• sabby2sabby2 member
    edited November 2014
    Omg! Watching MIL handle DD while she was crying because dd was hungry (like I said 45 minutes ago )was damn terrifying. She flopped dd from arm to shoulder back to her arm in under a minute WITHOUT supporting her head. Then she stood up and started walking with her and tried swinging her side to side through the air by my stairs. I said something 3 times and she didn't hear me. She will babysit my daughter over my dead body.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just realized DS is 9 weeks today. He has his two month shots tomorrow and I think we might both cry.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • I took a bunch of pictures from the last 12 years and made a photo book, and I'm thinking about giving it to my parents as part of their christmas present.  We lost a bunch of pictures in a house fire several years ago, so I made one for the kids to give their dad, too, since I took the remaining ones with me when I moved to SD.

https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcNGzVi0ZNnDjA

Yes?  No?  (Knowing my luck, the link doesn't even work)

• @Syllessa‌ that turned out great!!!! I love shutterfly!
  • keelyd said:

Ugh... I just logged into my grade book for the first time since I left school.  The first trimester just ended and somehow almost ALL of my students have over 95% for their grade.  While I'm sure this makes them happy, this cannot possibly be an accurate reflection of mastery and does not set a good precedent for the remainder of the school year.  I am not an easy grader, and 8th graders do NOT deserve As just for showing up.  There also isn't a single grade in there for writing -- this is a Language Arts class; they need to be writing.  What the fuck has my long-term sub been doing?

This stresses me out immensely. 

@syllessa -- Yes.  Super cute!
    OMG that almost makes me afraid to check mine...
  • @keelyd‌ that's not ok at any grade level. I'm sorry hopefully your administration will handle it for you.
  • keelyd said:

Leysin97 said:

keelyd said:

Ugh... I just logged into my grade book for the first time since I left school.  The first trimester just ended and somehow almost ALL of my students have over 95% for their grade.  While I'm sure this makes them happy, this cannot possibly be an accurate reflection of mastery and does not set a good precedent for the remainder of the school year.  I am not an easy grader, and 8th graders do NOT deserve As just for showing up.  There also isn't a single grade in there for writing -- this is a Language Arts class; they need to be writing.  What the fuck has my long-term sub been doing?

This stresses me out immensely. 

@syllessa -- Yes.  Super cute!
    OMG that almost makes me afraid to check mine...
    And this guy had a ton of experience -- 23 yrs teaching, 15 yrs teaching AP -- but had just moved to our state, so didn't have a full time position yet bc his credential hadn't yet transferred.
    I emailed my principal about it -- I'm so not okay with this.
    That is stressful. I haven't checked mine (although 3rd grade much different than 8th). I do, however, stalk my ClassDojo account (behavior tracker) and it seems like most of my students are being PITAes for the long term sub and my co teacher. I do not look forward to having to come back and be Sargent Hard Ass when I return in January.
  • S/o bird poop...a bird pooped on my head on my birthday this year. I was sitting under a tree and felt something, but thought it was a falling leaf. Then I was in the bathroom and ran my finges through my hair to see some white residue and realize what happened.

Also, this summer, a bird decided to use my head as a launch pad to land on and fly off from...bird dug its claws in my head and it hurt!

Down with birds.
  • I feel like if I read the breastfeeding thread when I'm not actually breastfeeding, that I'm somehow cheating it!
  • @keelyd I know your pain.  Apparently they had to fire my first long term sub (recommended by the district) because he was doing crazy shit and not following any of my lesson plans.  Thankfully the sub thats been there for the last 3-4weeks is great.  It was a pain to not totally be unplugged but at least I wont be blindsided when I get back.

Married 11/5/11
  • Hanging out in the baby k'tan. DD wouldn't stay asleep and was super cranky so baby wearing it is if it means she will sleep.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @lrobi13‌ best of luck on heading back to work!

imageimageimage
  • Wow! T&ps @knittymeggy‌ !

I was just coming to say that my four year old wont go the eff to sleep and keeps asking 'how many minutes until morning?'
  • @knittymeggy‌ FX they find out what's wrong and it's no big deal. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • @knittymeggy‌ I hope everything with your DH is ok. Keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"