December 2014 Moms
Options

Moms whose babies are head down...UPDATE IN 1ST POST

designchicadesignchica member
edited December 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Can you feel your baby's head in your pelvis from the outside if you feel for it? I think my breech baby had flipped based on kicks locations and a heartbeat that has moved down to my pelvis, but I cannot feel anything that resembles a head down there other than pressure on my bladder from the inside but when I feel for his head, I feel nothing.

UPDATE 12/2/14

I went to the doctor yesterday and she was unable to tell the difference between the baby's butt and head and was also very concerned about a drastic weight loss from my appointment last week as well as a slightly elevated blood pressure so she sent me to have an ultrasound.   Turns out my little is HEADS DOWN!!!!  Yay!  So relieved.   However, my amniotic fluid is low so we are going to have to keep an eye on that. 

I have been feeling around for a head for days and I can honestly say that I do not feel anything from the outside but I do feel a lot more pressure in my pelvis than I did last week.  

Re: Moms whose babies are head down...UPDATE IN 1ST POST

• Options
    Ya my dr can feel the head... I honestly can't. I've tried, but I also don't want to be poking things I shouldn't haha
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Seriously just wait for your next OB appointment.

Test
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby was head down since 34 weeks and I can't feel her head. I only know because my OB told me and I think the position hasn't changed based on the consistency of her movements and the fact that she is still definitely on my left side. Your OB should be able to feel around and let you know, though. I think it can be hard to figure out yourself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wait for your Dr appt; my midwife confirmed my thoughts that LO had switched. Honestly, my suspicions came from how I was getting kicked. All of a sudden, I was feeling kicks higher up, near my boobs so I suspected he was head down and MW said he was a few weeks ago. At my US last week it was official. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    Not really. I feel just hard roundness in that area.
    But I definatley feel his little feet/knees and a lump that I am assuming is his butt off to the side up a little higher.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My next appt is Monday, thankfully so I won't have to wait long. I am supposed to do some exercises everyday to get him to flip and then stop immediately after he has flipped so that I don't flip him back. I am going to hold off on the exercises until I see my ob on Monday because I think he has even though I can't feel a head down there. Reassuring to know that there are others who don't feel the head even when it's down. Thanks ladies
  • Options
    @ashtonkitty1‌ the hip bone punches are my favorite, it kind of tickles a little. It *almost* makes up for the head grinding into the cervix pain.
  • Options
    My doctor always says "yep! definitely a head!" when he examines me, but I can never feel the head. I can feel everything else-her butt in my side, and her feet by my ribs. 
  • Options
    I can't feel her head. I can feel and sometime see her butt.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    I can't feel his head but can feel his butt most of the time.
  • Options
    I'm just over 39 weeks today (ignore incorrect ticker) and honestly did not have any clue what was where until about two weeks ago when i started getting nubs sticking out right around my ribs, which I thought were feet but ultrasound tech at 38 weeks said are knees.  Baby has been head down at every scan since 3rd trimester started but I worked myself into a panic somewhere around 36 weeks b/c I thought I felt hiccups higher up in my abdomen than usual and was worried LO had turned breech.

The short answer to your question is nope, cannot feel the head at all-- but the moral of the story is leave it to a doctor.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• Options
    I can't feel what is where. The only reason I know baby is head down is because the ob confirmed it last wednesday. I was having more pressure and pain over the last week and I asked if it was because the head was lower. I had also mentioned at my 33 week scan the baby's butt was high and his head was low so she checked.  He is pretty much in the same position 2 weeks later. If you are concerned your ob should be able to confirm or check. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea where anything is in there. Feels like he is everywhere! Agree with PPs to wait until tomorrow. Hoping for good news for you!
  • Options

The midwives can feel the head down there, but I can't.  I just chalk it up to not being trained to find it/what to feel for.  I feel all the kids/punches on my right side (which is consistent with the position they tell me she is in -- head down, back/butt on my left side and arms legs pointing towards my right).

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I can't tell how anyone is in there without an ultrasound. It's a puppy pile in there!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine probably has 8 arms, like an octopus. I have no idea what's what, I'm getting kicked and punched everywhere violently all the time. I know she is head down only bc when I was checked dr said "Oh there's definitely a head here". That and my pelvis and cervix are killing me. I can feel her push off my ribs and into my vajayjay.
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the kicks by my ribs and the hiccups down low in my pelvis, any baby is head down according to my doc. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I can tell his head is down in my pelvis because that's primarily where I feel his hiccups. He is really low and there is a ton of pressure.

Also, he seems to be using my ribcage as leverage to try to push his butt out of my belly button. Needless to say, my bump is very pointy. Pregnancy is so weird.
  • Options
    My OB said last week he's head down. The last week or two, vag hurts like a B if I roll over after I'm laying on my side in bed. Since that's relatively new, I'm going to chalk it up to him turning head down and/or dropping. Ow.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you look up belly mapping on the spinning babies site, it's actually pretty easy to tell. The most prominent movements you feel are likely feet/knees. Arms and hands are harder to feel (picture a baby in the fetal position and it makes a lot of sense). Hiccups are also a clue - you'll feel them closer to baby's head/chest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Amyface813Amyface813 member
    edited December 2014
    My doc said the head should feel like a hard grapefruit. I've never been able to feel it but it did give me a really weird dream... I think my baby hiccups with his whole body because I can feel my whole belly bounce. My only reliable sign is his butt sticking out the top front of my belly.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    drpayne said:
    If you look up belly mapping on the spinning babies site, it's actually pretty easy to tell. The most prominent movements you feel are likely feet/knees. Arms and hands are harder to feel (picture a baby in the fetal position and it makes a lot of sense). Hiccups are also a clue - you'll feel them closer to baby's head/chest.
     I love that website, such a great resource.  I did spend some time trying to belly map yesterday  and that started to get me convinced that he was head down or possibly transverse but no longer breech. 

Unfortunately tonight after some very stressful events, I found baby moving around a lot and then his hiccups and hearrbeat are back up by my chest.  So, off to do some more inversion exercises to get this baby to turn back.  I am just so terrified of a c-section because I have no support, baby daddy is a total douche bag and cannot be relied on, and I don't know if I can get through that recovery alone.  So praying this baby can come out vaginally.  

Still have a few weeks.  Hoping for the best!
  • Options
    Congrats on baby being heads down. It's good when these little people eventual start coorporating.
  • Options

I feel her back and butt up high. Occasionally I feel something on my hip bones, which I guess are hands. But no I can't feel the head but I haven't tried really hard either.

I didn't read all the other posts yet but yours got my attention. I keep thinking baby's head is stuck by my hips lol bc I get the same feeling. I've wondered too if it's little hands hitting my left hip.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"