2nd Trimester

Babymoon

My wife and I finally were able to get pregnant after 4.5 years of TTC. We've been discussing a babymoon somewhere warm with beautiful beaches. We are looking to travel in April. Looking at Caribbean more than likely. We were hoping to stay at all inclusive but everywhere we look it seems like it is impossible to get to from Detroit with horrible flight times and layovers. Any suggestions from anyone that has been through it? I have been saving up for a couple years and really want a wonderful vacation for my wife and I after all she has been through and endured through Ivf.

Re: Babymoon

• I suggest keep looking at flights as they tend to go up and down by the week and sometimes day. At some point you may have to settle with not the greatest of flights and really choose the best of two evils. Airlines can be awful and looking during high holiday times might make it even more difficult. You are several months out. It might be more prudent to look at them after the new year.

If for whatever reason, this plan doesn't fall into place, I'd come up with a backup plan. FL and Southern CA both have some great beaches and might be a lot cheaper. But it does depend on what you wanted to see and do. But don't give up! I think you definitely deserve a babymoon! And honestly, as long as you guys get to relax, be with each other, and just have a good time, anywhere can really be the perfect spot.

Good luck!!
  • My husband and I went to the  Moon Palace in Cancun for our honeymoon.  We left from Detroit and had 1 stop in Miami.  The flight was only about three-four hours total (if I remember correctly) and we loved the resort itself.  
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH and I went on a trip when I was in my second trimester we are from Canada and we went to Mexico. To an all inclusive resort and did some excursions as well. We had to take 2 flights both about 4 hours of flight time each. With a layover of 5 hours.
    It wasn't too bad... granted I also had sciatica so the first flight it flared up... the second I was fine.
    Just make sure before you go... to get your drs approval, a note incase. Drink lots of water. Get up and walk around on the plane (which she may end up doing - walking to and from the washroom). Even look into compression socks they helped a bit.
    You can also book your seats on the plane (one get the window and the other an aisle seat - chances are you would end up with the middle seat clear - so your wife can put her legs up a bit).
    Where ever you go, have fun! And travel safe!
  • I love the Aventura Spa Palace in the Riviera Maya. Amazing, and wasn't difficult to travel to from Milwaukee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"