3rd Trimester

feeling depressed

This is my first baby after having two miscarriages. And I'm 38 weeks and 5 days. I feel so unhappy and feel depressed. I start thinking about everything in my life. I have such a wonderful husband and I'm happy too, but I'm starting to feel more depressed. I'm so scared too thinking about going in to labour as it is my first and hear many stories people tell you but i don't take noticed coz they are quite awful what they've said to me and I've spoke to midwife about it and she said every women and their labour is different and I believe her but still I'm scared. I've always been a cry baby when it comes to pain. I've looked up what there is to offer in hospital e.g. pain reliefs and still feel scared. I've told midwife and the doctor how I feel but they said not ling to go so stay strong. I'm really really scared!!

Re: feeling depressed

• Please talk to your doctor about your feelings of depression. They can quickly become overwhelming.

Labor is really scary, but try and ignore all the horror stories and focus on your experience -- it won't be the same as anyone else's experience. Go ahead and figure out a plan of action for pain relief and discuss it with your doctor. Try to focus on this as something you can do, and try not to let it consume you. After labor you will have a sweet baby!
  • I was scared about my first delivery too, but it was so easy. You should talk to your doctor about your depression, there should be a way to ease the anxiety. I wish you the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"