January 2015 Moms
Options

are u done shopping in prep for the baby?

Just did our first major shopping for this LO. We still hav yet to buy strollers and everyday stuff like fiapers, wipes etc. How's everyone doing on the shopping front?

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: are u done shopping in prep for the baby?

• Options
    I have pretty much everything...I spread the costs out over the pregnancy and purchased during sales when I could. I am doing cloth diapers so i just increased my stash on blackfriday. I have the car seat, bases, room is just about done, clothes all purchased and washed. I am ready for my little man!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have my work shower Monday. After that, I'll finish up my shopping.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just have to buy a new car seat, just waiting on my completion coupon from amazon. We had everything else from the three older girls, except some colder weather items since they were born in different seasons. I've stocked up on diapers and wipes and have enough for the first few months. What I really need to do is work on the house cleaning and freezer food prep!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is our 2nd so no major stuff to purchase. We need to buy stuff like diapers, wipes, pacifiers, bottles, baby wash, lotion still but we aren't in terrible shape. I do need a sheet for the co-sleeper and to get some stuff down from the attic. I also need burp cloths and another baby towel...
  • Options
    Getting there....how's my bottles would you have on hand? I'm planning to breastfeed and pump so I'm not sure as a ftm how much to stock up on? Also thoughts on bottle warmers???
  • Options
    Not a thing, and we got rid of most stuff after our older daughter because 1. we didn't know if we'd have another and 2. we had no storage space in our little house.

Thankfully, we did save her nursery furniture and bedding. My SIL has given me all of her daughter's infant clothing, and a friend has given me a few items as well.

No shower this time around, so I'll need to go shopping for some essentials soon, I guess.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Grrrr autocorrect :/...I meant how many not "how's my."
  • Options
    We probably need more newborn diapers and need to figure out the sleeping situation. We're planning to transition DS1 out of the crib but haven't done it yet. I'm not too worried about it because DS2 will sleep in a bassinet for the first several weeks, and we already have that.

I do need to rewash the clothes and sheets, but I probably won't do that until I'm 36 - 37 weeks.
  • Options

Getting there....how's my bottles would you have on hand? I'm planning to breastfeed and pump so I'm not sure as a ftm how much to stock up on? Also thoughts on bottle warmers???

I have a variety of sizes and brands for bottles. Probably about 6 of each size, 2oz, 5oz, 11oz. Plus I got a breast milk storage set that came with a few different bottles, I just need to get nipples for them.

I'll probably get more nipples in slow flow and medium flow to have.

• Options
    Eh, I'm ready enough.  Her crib is set up and I have clothes for her.  We also still have DS3's carseat (bought new for him and only 2yrs old and never been in accident).  We bought a bouncy seat and I still have the Moby from DS3 as well.  That's all the "stuff" I feel like I really need (after 3 kids, my "must have" list has dramatically been reduced).  The hospital supplies you with a few days worth of diapers, so after she is born DH will run out and buy some as we need it.  I still have DS3 in diapers and he has eczema, so we have plenty in the way of diaper rash cream and really good lotion for sensitive skin.  Her room is still being occupied by DS1.  We have a reno underway and are building 2 new bedrooms and a playroom upstairs.  It should be finished by next week and set up/everyone moved into their new rooms by the end of the following week, so at that time we will paint and get her room set up.  She will sleep in her crib in my room for a few months, so I don't feel rushed to do that.  I'm 36wks, so I'm hoping she holds out for at least 2wks so we can get everyone moved without the frenzy of a new baby arriving.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We have almost everything. We need just a few essentials and we bought some yesterday with gift cards. BRU has some awesome sales through today. I still need a breast feeding pillow, thermometer, hamper, and a few other little things.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The only thing I had to buy was a new carseat, breastpump and warm clothes, since we were living in Hawaii when DD1 was born. We are all set, except I received a completion coupon from my mock target registry, and I plan on buying a years worth of diapers once they have a good deal going.
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    edited November 2014

I think we have 8 4-oz bottles and 4 8-oz bottles. I agree to not buy too many because you don't know what your LO will like. Once you figure out what they like, it depends. We hand-washed the bottles, so we didn't need too many, but if you plan to put them in the dishwasher and don't run the dishwasher every day, you may need more.
  • Options
    Newp. Haven't even started.

• Options
    Getting there! Planning to use our target registry completion coupon this week.
  • Options
    I believe that we're finished, but this is our #3, so we didn't have much to get at all. Overall, I feel good about being "ready", although I have a few more things I'd like to finish up within the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Nope, barely started. Most of the big stuff is from my first, so we didn't need much, but we haven't even set up the crib or bought diapers yet. I'm not worried about it. It can be done after the baby is here, if need be.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    BookitBooBookitBoo member
    edited November 2014
    We have all of the big stuff. Actually just picked up our car seat!

That being said, we need: diapers, wipes, bottles, pacifiers, spit up cloths, baby clothes, and her outfit for newborn pictures.

Eta: we have everything from DS, but we gave away our car seat so it was the only big thing we needed. We also splurged and got a kick ass rocking chair because middle of the night feedings should be comfortable.
  • Options
    We also have all the big stuff from DS although I do need to get a dresser. My mom visited in October and went nuts at kohls and target and stocked me up on diapers, wipes, bottles, and clothes. Let's say she is super excited for a grand daughter!!!
    I have everything hanging up and the diapers and wipes and stuff are just going in an old four boxed thing that I can put baskets in until we find a dresser we like.
  • Options
    I think we're ready with everything she needs. I need to grab some fun PP essentials for myself though like jumbo pads and stool softener. Fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With this being baby #3 there isn't much to buy. We've stocked up on diapers and a few gender neutral outfits (team green).

I still have to wash the cover to the RNP that we'll use next to our bed, the sheets for the PNP, the cover for our swing, and the cover for the car seat. I should probably get a move on that!
  • Options
    I have a few things left just got my completion discount so I will on Monday to see if there are any good deals!
  • Options
    I was just telling hubs that the house is completely ready for a baby but I didn't know if I was ready for her to come out. FTM cue panic now.

But all the clothes are washed, cloth diapers prepped, nursery organized..... So theoretically we're ready. Haha
  • Options
    FTM here: I have most of the big stuff except a high chair (but don't need that right away).  Nursery is almost finished with some clothes washed and ready.  I discovered Sam's club diaper prices and that shipping was free (don't know if that was only black Friday), but went ahead and bought 252ct sz 1 Luvs for $29 which I thought was a steal.  My friend use to be pampers only until she found Luvs and swears by them!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Major items are purchased or we got in our showers (car seat, base, strollers, crib, dresser, bouncer, swing, exersaucer, bottles, some clothing, sleep sacks, blankets, towels...). Still need to go out and get crib mattress, sheets, pack and play sheets, changing table pad and covers, some diapers (we got several as gifts so have to inventory that first).  None of the furniture is here yet. We have already set up some of the items (bouncer, stroller, play mat) mostly to get our dog used to the baby items since this is our first. She has been doing great so far, thanks to God 
  • Options

With this being baby #3 there isn't much to buy. We've stocked up on diapers and a few gender neutral outfits (team green).

I still have to wash the cover to the RNP that we'll use next to our bed, the sheets for the PNP, the cover for our swing, and the cover for the car seat. I should probably get a move on that!

I completely forgot I have to wash the RNP, too. How are doing that? Just like a regular wash?

To answer the question, everything is almost pretty much bought. Just need a few more things like a thermometer and stuff. Clothes NB to 0-3 months are all washed as well.
    I am just going to wash it in free and clear detergent along with my other baby items. I let it air dry just to avoid any accidental shrinking (I'm pretty good at that). I've washed it before and it's really easy to take off and put back on.
  • Options
    ncampesencampese member
    edited November 2014
    All that we have left is a second car seat base, and a couple mirrors for the car. That, and I need to start a washing everything.

Edited for typos
  • Options
    We've purchased next to nothing.  Shoes were purchased but they were really just for the maternity photos.  We have stuff we received from shower #1 and waiting to do our major shopping (crib, stroller, etc) after shower #2.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options
    not really.  i have all the gear left over from DS, but it is still packed in storage downstairs.  
    I have some clothes, and one case of diapers.
    But the nursery is completely empty from moving DS to his new room.  Hopefully the crib and stuff will get up today.   Or not, i might do christmas decorations instead.  
    My motivation to do anything is low.  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We have a lot of the big stuff (stroller, car seat, swing, etc) but still need some little things like burp cloths, PNP sheets, and the second car seat base... Does anyone know when the completion discounts usually come in? I did Amazon and BBB
  • Options
    OP, in the same boat here. We have furniture but its in storage until the nursery gets painted/carpeted. Have 2 boxes of diapers and no clothes. We do have a carseat, PnP and a few blankets but thats about it. Gonna be crazy busy with work this month so I'm just hoping baby doesn't come early so I can get everything done in early January!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm pretty much ready - I need diapers, I have some wipes. I need to pack a diaper bag & hospital bag but should have time for that

• Options
    Pretty much done except for a few small things here and there. But we had all the big stuff left over from DD.
  • Options
    Got all the small stuff! Bags packed! Just waiting until jan 1st to buy the car seat and then i am done! His crib i wont buy until i move as he is currently going to be sharing my room
  • Options
    We are ready! The rest of what we are doing are just minor things. DH is sanding and painting the cribs (his papa built). But we won't use those for a while anyway. Don't have baby boy's bedding yet. And we are waiting to get swings... I'm getting so anxious for them to be here :-) I can't believe we will have TWO babies in 4 weeks max!
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Options

I completely forgot I have to wash the RNP, too. How are doing that? Just like a regular wash?

To answer the question, everything is almost pretty much bought. Just need a few more things like a thermometer and stuff. Clothes NB to 0-3 months are all washed as well.
    I am just going to wash it in free and clear detergent along with my other baby items. I let it air dry just to avoid any accidental shrinking (I'm pretty good at that). I've washed it before and it's really easy to take off and put back on.
    I second the air dry. I was given a bouncer by my sil and I washed and dried it for a short amount of time like the tag said. Yep, shrunk up so bad I can't put it back on the base :-w so be careful ppl! Ha
  • Options
    Most of the big stuff is done - stroller, carseat, crib, rocker. I still have quite a few little things to pick up, as well as sign up for the diaper service. Baby's room isn't ready yet but that will change this week. 
  • Options
    A friend gave me some hand-me-down boy clothes and diapers her baby outgrew, and another friend threw me a shower, so I also have new boy clothes and some diapers. I haven't bought a single thing that we "need" though. (Although we have a crib, blankets galore, car seat, pack n play and bottles, so it's not like we couldn't properly care for a baby if one came home right now.) I do need to get some newborn diapers, since I was gifted size 1's and 3's, and new nipples for our bottles.

Insurance won't cover a new pump until the baby is actually born and my OB writes a script for whatever "condition" requires pumping.

Things I would like but could live without are a new baby carrier, a BFing pillow, and an activity mat. We got rid of the pillow and mat after DD3, and my carrier has seen better days. Oh, DH still needs to talk BIL about getting our swing back that we gave them after DD3 outgrew it. Hopefully they still have it.

• Options
    I think we are all set - I'm sure that there is stuff that I forgot but I'm pretty much ready.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"