Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Please Talk Me Off the Ledge (Possible TMI & Loss Mentioned)

Hi Everyone --

I've been lurking here for a couple of months, and you all have been wonderful! I'm 5 weeks, 1 day after having had a loss in September. I've been trying to keep calm and enjoy each day for what it brings (and trying not to constantly worry about having another loss). However, yesterday, I found a 2 globs of tan mucous on my liner, one in the morning after a rough digestive spell and another in the evening about 10 hours later with 2 tiny drops of brown. All night long I've been a wreck. It hasn't happened since that episode, but I'm still scared. I don't go in for an ultra sound for almost 2 weeks, so I have no idea what's going on. 

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

Kate

Re: Please Talk Me Off the Ledge (Possible TMI & Loss Mentioned)

• Options
    First- sorry for your loss, I have had four and each one was different. It sucks and makes subsequent pregnancies more of a mind F.

I've had two episodes of spotting this pregnancy. First was bright red and second was brown. Both caused significant anxiety and PgAL brain. But the rationale side of me knows if it's just spotting and doesn't get worse or have cramps/pain things are probably fine. I'm now 11w3d and things seem to be on track- although there's still a part of me that wonders (ultrasound vision would be an awesome super power right about now!)

Good luck!

Me (34) MH (37)
    Married 10/12/02
    DS 06/21/06
    MMC 06/07
    DS 07/31/09
    MC 12/10
    MMC 02/14 ; D&C 02/14/14
    MC (CP?) 07/14
  • Options
    Spotting is considered normal & common in early pregnancy.

If you soak one pad or more in 1hour, have any pain or a fever, these are indications to be seen immediately.

Being so early, there isn't much to see on ultrasound yet (maybe a gestational sac). My advice is to try and hang in there. If still concerned or spotting continues, maybe call on Mon and see if you can get the US sooner for your sanity. Also be aware that 7-8wks for an US is pretty standard as the heartbeat should be detectable by then, where in the 6th week it can be a crapshoot.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate your advice!

Kate
  • Options
    I don't have much to add to the previous posts. I'd like to offer hugs. I hope things are ok. Remember the mantra...unless someone else tells you otherwise, today you are pregnant!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    FX that everything is ok!

December 4                     image

Married-1/2012
    TTC-8/2013   BFP-4/18/14  EDD: 12/29/12 MC-5/17/14 @ 7w4d
    BFP #2-11/13/14  EDD: 7/26/14  Beta #1: 11/14/13 (135 progesterone: 19.5)   Beta #2" 11/17/14 (733 ) 
    Hoping for good news!

Everyone Welcome

• Options
    I have not had any spotting experiences even with my losses, but I know many do and go on to have healthy pregnancies.

BFP #1: 8/17/13     Due Date: 4/26/14      MMC discovered @ 9w 4d       D&C: 10/2/13
    BFP #2: 12/23/13       Due Date: 9/6/14      MMC discovered @ 8w 5d    D&C: 2/6/14
    BFP #3 8/26/14     Due Date: 5/7/15  

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"