January 2015 Moms
Options

irritable uterus???!!

Any pregnant mama's experiencing regular contractions/have an irritable uterus?? I'm a ftm and just made it to 34 weeks. I have been contracting regularly since 30 weeks, and have been to L&D 3 times. My cervix has stayed closed thankfully, and have been on bedrest for almost 2 weeks (aghhhh I'm going crazy doing nothing!!). My doctor is optimistic, and I haven't had to take any medications to stop contractions because my cervix hasn't changed. Any other moms experiemcing anything like this???? I'm hoping baby boy stays put at least through 36 weeks!

Re: irritable uterus???!!

• Options
    Yup I was told I have a irritatable uterus after a ptl scare at 28 weeks and have been contracting on and off since. My cervix was still closed but it's also shortened to less then 1cm that was 2 weeks ago. I've made it to 34 weeks now so if I go now they won't stop me so just hoping for the best now :)
  • Options
    This is my fourth pregnancy with an irritable uterus. It sucks everything sends me into contractions bed rest sucks too. I have never ever gone to my due date because of this. As i am generally in a good mood i think my uterus got all the bitchiness...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I've been on bed rest because of this. Luckily I haven't had any serious changes to my cervix so I was taken off bed rest at 34 weeks, and was just cautioned to take it easy and not over do it, and call if I have any issues. Dehydration makes it a lot worse. As long as I don't do too much it's not that bad. I feel your pain though!
  • Options
    Yup, I contract at least once an hour and some have been somewhat painful. During my 15 minute non-stress test last week due to decreased fetal movement, I apparently had 4 contractions, though I only noticed 2 of them. My doctors aren't concerned because every time we check my cervix, it is long and hard and shows no signs of progressing.

At 33w4d, I have had some period-like mild cramping. My doctors say they'll check again at my appointment this week and they're guessing things are starting to soften up and will start showing some dilation and effacement, and they said not to be surprised if he comes early-term.

I have gotten used to the BH, honestly, and it doesn't bother me usually. When they get regular and uncomfortable, I take a bath and drink a ton of water, which has stopped it every time so far. If it got really uncomfortable, I would call L&D and get checked, but for the most part I am pretty good about not worrying.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    Yep I went to Triage at 29 weeks having lots of BH Contractions and was hospitalized for almost two weeks. Been on rest for a total of six weeks. I'm 35 Weeks as of yesterday. I have lots of BH. Some days worse than others, I have a lot of triggers. It's normal I'm told. Second pregnancy an apparently means more BH is even more normal. As your pregnancy progresses in the 30 weeks it will become more frequent. They don't change your cervix.
    Post-Natal Loss at 32 weeks, LTTC of 26th Months, 5 failed IUIs, Conception via 4th IVF Cycle in April 2014
    EDD: January 3rd, 2015! 

• Options
    This might be a silly ftm question, but in your previous pregnancies with this crazy uterus, how did you know it was the real thing (actual labor)??
  • Options
    I've been having painful contracting 1-2 times an hour since 33 weeks. I'm 34w5d right now. My cervix last week was 2 cm dialated. I was not put on bed rest. I was told that I can't run again until 37 weeks to prevent ptl but I contract just laying around so who knows if that's even a real concern for me. My contractioms never settle into much of a pattern so I just wonder if it's not the body's way of prepping. I've been reading a lot about prodromal labor and I'm almost convinced it's pretty common.

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    I have an irritable uterus and was in triage a few weeks ago having contractions every 3 minutes. They just gave me a prescription for procardia, told me to drink plenty of water, and sent me on my way. I never got put on bed rest and still go to work. I pretty much contract all day/night long - fun times....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 33 weeks and 5days. I am one of those that really don't know what contractions feel like. The last three days I've been feeling a lot of low pelvic pressure and a little bit of tightness in the uterus ( I guess that's a contraction). But I started drinking more water and feel more comfortable so I never called the doctor. 
  • Options
    ellbellbr said:

I am 33 weeks and 5days. I am one of those that really don't know what contractions feel like. The last three days I've been feeling a lot of low pelvic pressure and a little bit of tightness in the uterus ( I guess that's a contraction). But I started drinking more water and feel more comfortable so I never called the doctor. 

Some women contract and never know it but I think that's rare. If your contractions end up being anything like mine have been, when you have one you will have no doubts

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    Ohh thank goodness im not alone...im a ftm too i went to L&D at 27 weeks contracting every 2 mins with painless braxton hicks. ...so far i made it till 31 weeks still get them...so annoying feeling...my cervix still closed...they sent me home with nefipedine. ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"