June 2015 Moms
Options

when should you start feeling the baby move

amytravis90amytravis90 member
edited November 2014 in June 2015 Moms
Im 13 week and every once in a while I can feel the baby move and kick. But isn't it to early?

Re: when should you start feeling the baby move

• Options
    Sigh. Again?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well this is my second baby and its been 6 years since I've been pregnant and its not all the time its more when I lay a certain way. And im never gassy when it happens.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Such a good question.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    I don't think it's too early. I felt earlier the second time. The third time (now) I swear I have felt little rolling movements and I am not quite 10 weeks now.
  • Options
    It's funny how you start to pay attention to every little movement in your tummy once you find out you're pregnant but like the others said, it's too early at this point. Soon though! :)
  • Options
    Just because you don't have gas doesn't mean you're feeling the baby. Your internal organs are moving around right now, preparing to make room for your enlarged uterus. That's probably what you're feeling. Your baby is just way too small right now for you to feel it moving around.

I was nice and helpful here, so I consider this my good deed of the day. Please use the search function in the future.
  • Options
    My friend who is having her 4th just started feeling her LO at 18 weeks. She said she thought she was feeling the baby before but now she can definitely tell the difference.

If it brings you comfort though I think it's perfectly fine to assume it's the baby though. Just wait though for the real kicks that make your belly move. Those are the best! Definitely have a little while for that!

I would try to search questions like this first in the future because this one has been asked and answered a lot!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kimjelly said:

I wonder why people that have already read posts that are of a similar nature bother to read another. ESPECIALLY if it makes you so frustrated. Why isn't this about spreading LOVE instead of hatred!?! I truly find the responses on here wrong! Isn't this about support?!

People can and do feel their babies move.at different stages. Just like.how kids grow and develop at different stages. When hey say your child should do x by 3 months, MANY will do do it earlier. It's a guideline!

I highly encourage you to read some pregnancy books and BLUNTLY ask your OB about this. Not only do several books advise that this time frame is too early but science claims so as well. My OB and an ultra sound tech told me that EVERY baby in the first trimester and about half-way through the second trimester develops at the same rate, this makes perfect and logical sense.

For example if you "measure" at 13 weeks and your baby is just over a couple inches what makes you think (unless you are a very "speshul" snowflake) that your LO all of a sudden is double that size (measuring closer to 18 weeks) which is where most books will say that baby movements may be felt by this point. Unless you are a scientific phenomena you truly are experiencing organ, shifting, your bowels making their way through or just gas.

If you want to live in an alternate reality I encourage you to return to The Matrix.

Those that have responded like minded are not rude, I think we're tired of people that think that they can inundate this board with questions that have been addressed several times and can easily be searched through or by using the search feature in the forum. This is not YAHOO answers this is a developing community.
  • Options
    My doctor also asked me if I was feeling the baby yet. Honestly I have no idea what to feel. I hope when I do feel it, I will know it. But I do believe that everyone is different! :)
  • Options
    ajfolmar said:

Pretty sure I will NEVER start a thread or ask a question on any subject. I'm in a b:t(hy mood myself, but some of you are down right fugly. I'll stick to the articles and printed material, thanks.

=sigh=
    It must be Saturday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    Damnit, I missed another one of these? Ugh. 
    --Amanda--
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    deutschbabydeutschbaby member
    edited November 2014

Kimjelly said:

I wonder why people that have already read posts that are of a similar nature bother to read another.

And I wonder why you don't find another pregnancy forum to read and spread your disillusioned sunshine. We encourage FACTS and ReALITY here.
    I have ask this once and NOT.ONE.PERSON answered. Since you seem to know for FACT that no woman in the universe can feel a fetus move at 13w can you please cite your source? I'd be interested in reading the research articles. I have access to academic journals and can search for full articles if you proved the abstract.

Since you seem adamant about telling people they are wrong, and that your reality is correct, can you please provide you "facts" you seem to proclaim?

-Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jjbdvmjjbdvm member
    edited November 2014
    @randomposter... That's not really the issue. The issue is people who come to the community, don't bother to read the first thread (which says new people stop here), don't bother to use the search, and post questions that have been addressed almost every day. It gets old. It can be googled (or researched appropriately even!). It clogs up the board.

This damn post won't die bc of all the random WK that keep coming to the rescue for OP (who never even thanks y'all!) and once it does, we will have to deal with another drama-laden post 24 hours later... It's just silliness, all around. Everybody needs to get over themselves at this point.

For the record, I warned all of you!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Is it that big of a deal?
  • Options
    If you don't feel it that's okay. I didn't with my first two quite yet but I've been feeling the quickening with this my third for since 12.5 weeks. It's very different than has or other sensations. Once you know, you'll know.
  • Options
    Davila21 said:

Sigh. Again?

Because it's soooo difficult to just scroll last the question if you've seen it before.
  • Options

LOL at random people with generic avatars and little to no posting history threatening to never post here. Um.....you've never tried to be a part of this comminity before, certainly never read the newbie blog.

But not posting here will totes hurt our feelings. Wah.

You "ladies" should really get ahold of yourselves. How sad.
  • Options

Is this Groundhog Day? Sometimes I feel like Bill Murray. Or Chevy Chase...there's Big Ben kids, and the Parliament.

It may seem rude to someone just stumbling upon these posts for the very first time, but for those of us who put in the time and effort with this community, it just gets so OLD to see the same threads over and over, and the same "you ladies are so rude!" Responses to responses. Day in, and day out.

We all were new here at one time or another. Most of us read the newbie blog and learn about the community before jumping in and jumping all over existing members. The guidelines we all follow exist for a reason. The search button exists for a reason. It's all very simple, and it becomes very frustrating that some people just refuse to catch the damn ball.

Have a question? GREAT! Check the search or scroll for a thread that may address it first. Then if you'd like more info, do some research! Or ask a question, no problem...but if it is one we've gone around the mulberry bush with nearly every day for the last two months, people are going to have something to say. If you had a big giant sign up at work that says THIS WAY NEW EMPLOYEES, yet new people came up everyday and asked you the same question "which way do I go?" what do you think you would feel like?

Maybe just maybe you are seeing these you ladies are so rude comments day in and day out because you asked are really so self absorbed and rude. I'm on here often I just don't post. But after the absolute nasty high school girl antics. If you've seen the post so many times and it just pains you sooooo much scroll past it. How sad to see this behavior from what should be grown women though is suppose some are still teenagers.
  • Options

For me it gives me some reassurance I have been told 4 times that I would lose my baby. So getting to feel her move ever once in gives me some peace of mind.

On another note it is kind of screws up that someone puts a deal question and people post ugly comment cause they have nothing better to do.

It is not too early... There is a big difference in experiencing quickening vs gas and kicks. You won't feel strong kicks it's like a flutter and for the women who so strongly and sassily refer you to other boards or google... Don't listen to them. If they don't feel it that's one thing but you can. I have been feeling this one since 12.5 weeks. But this is my 3rd. No one is going to search through thread after thread to see if their question has been answered. I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to do that. Ask away.
  • Options

Kimjelly said:

I wonder why people that have already read posts that are of a similar nature bother to read another.

And I wonder why you don't find another pregnancy forum to read and spread your disillusioned sunshine. We encourage FACTS and ReALITY here.
    Who exactly is WE.
  • Options
    abeatyrn said:

@ooopswediditagain -ugh, enough already

Naw. I decided I will just behave like the rest of you.
  • Options

Kimjelly said:

Who exactly is WE.
    All of the ladies that actively participate on this board and make it awesome. All of the ladies that give support to anyone that loses a baby on this board.

This is a community where ladies get to know each other and offer their opinions and advice. We as a community do not appreciate those that come on here and are not involved and decide based on a few posts that we are rude.

The ladies on here are honest and like to point out facts. If someone doesn't like the responses they get then they shouldn't post things on a public forum.

If everyone posted their own post every day about the same symptom or the same question, nothing would get answered and the board gets clogged up. This is not your personal Google. When the board gets clogged up, it can mean someone who has a loss post can get missed in the shuffle.

I understand the purpose of the boards. I just don't see much if the supporting golf on. I've inly commented on one other board ever. It's clear that I'm older than most of the women in here. I have much more patience. Maybe a new rule for the newbie board should be that you don't get to comment on threads with such negativity and sarcasm. A MODERATOR.. Can direct the repeat poster to the rules.. If you don't have a constructive answer or if it's just sooo painful to see the same question again you simply scroll on. Not hijack the post and "have fun with it". This isn't a community for the few of you who feel entitled to it. I get that seeing repeat questions is annoying..
    Great move on and leave it alone. You are acting like pretentious jerks.

• Options

abeatyrn said:

@ooopswediditagain -ugh, enough already

Naw. I decided I will just behave like the rest of you.
    This sounds just like that crazy who made all those posts to "prove a point to us meanies" hmm is she back??

No idea who she was but no. That's not me. I'm just clearly a bit older and perhaps wiser than the groupies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"