3rd Trimester
Options

Panic Attacks

Recently I have had to deal with some family stresses...I'm approximately 28weeks pregnant and have been experiencing panic attacks...just last night I woke up from one...I had a dream that I had complications durning my pregnancy and it was either me or the baby...I chose to save the baby and was heartbroken because I would never get to see him, I woke up sweaty and in a panic...I need this to stop, I've tried so many ways of coping...breathing techniques, meditation...telling a friend...nothing really seems to work...they come in my dreams now...any ideas? And please no negative comments...I've seen so many people bashing others on here...I only post because maybe someone else is experiencing the same as me and I don't know any other pregnant women outside of this app...thank you

Re: Panic Attacks

• Options
    I think a lot of pregnant women including myself do get panicky about having a baby. It doesn't help when you have family stresses. One thing that has helped me is literally visualizing positive things about the baby and myself. For example visualizing yourself holding the baby and comforting the baby when he/she is crying. Thinking of how overjoyed you are holding the baby. When you start to actively visualize positive things about your baby and yourself the less likely you'll have these dreams and panic attacks. It has helped me and I think some other women would agree with me. The key here is, is to keep all positive thoughts and once a negative thought comes to your mind then think of 2 positive things. This should work- give it a try.  ;)
  • Options
    Thank you, I will try harder to focus on the positives, I appriciate the positive reply :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should seek professional help for this issue. I hope you can get the help that you need. 

Also understand that posts that are deserving of it,  WILL get flamed.  This is not a post that falls into that category.  You can't control how people respond to things once they are out there and people do not take kindly to people who try.  
  • Options
    Have you spoken to your doctor? I agree with meow that a professional counselor would be best to help you with these issues. It's common to have fears and horrible dreams while pregnant but panic attacks are not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"