April 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC anyone?!

With no UO yesterday, I'm all caught up on my bump reading!

Any confessions???
~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC anyone?!

• Options
    I caved in after 4 nights of DD's new mental "sleep" pattern of crying between 9pm and 2am, and called in sick today. I know I'm technically not sick but I'm pretty sure being this sleep deprived it would have been dangerous to drive the hour to work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took a grandkids and great grands picture today, and I didn't even realize my own sister was missing from them

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After being in car for 7 hours with DH and his road rage, I really don't like him right now. Glad I am staying at my moms for the weekend and he is heading on home after dinner.
  • Options

hlm184 said:

I have a fridge full of delicious amazing food...

But all I want to eat is pizza.
    I second this!
    I had leftover pizza for lunch. I'm having leftover good food for dinner.
  • Options
    hlm184 said:

I have a fridge full of delicious amazing food...

But all I want to eat is pizza.
    We got Chinese for lunch because I didn't want leftovers. (Though we did have leftovers for dinner...)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I totally had a UO for yesterday that I actually remembered.  I'm more sad than I  should be.
  • Options
    smushi said:
    I totally had a UO for yesterday that I actually remembered.  I'm more sad than I  should be.
    Spill!  We can combine them this week!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I ate a piece of cheesecake just to prove a point to my be. Now I feel like a glutton.
  • Options
    Here's another. I'm super annoyed with my bf's sister and niece because I am basically the only person among the relatives who were at my house yesterday who likes red wine. I made sure to buy the kind of wine everyone else likes so no one wastes my wine but they insisted on trying mine. I specifically told them to pour themselves just a taste and then pour more if they like it. Well of course the sister pours herself a full glass and didn't like it. I later saw her adding juice to it to sweeten it and I wanted to smack her. It was just one glass but I'm still annoyed. Now I've got freaking moscato in my fridge and don't know what to do with it.
  • Options
    smushi said:

Here's another. I'm super annoyed with my bf's sister and niece because I am basically the only person among the relatives who were at my house yesterday who likes red wine. I made sure to buy the kind of wine everyone else likes so no one wastes my wine but they insisted on trying mine. I specifically told them to pour themselves just a taste and then pour more if they like it. Well of course the sister pours herself a full glass and didn't like it. I later saw her adding juice to it to sweeten it and I wanted to smack her. It was just one glass but I'm still annoyed. Now I've got freaking moscato in my fridge and don't know what to do with it.

My FFC?  I'd have no qualms with swooping up their discarded wine glasses to add to mine :)  I totally did this at our Thanksgiving last Sunday, when my mom didn't have more than a sip of her champagne.  

Another confession to piggy back off yours, I'd only do that with my actual sister, niece, mother etc. idk but I'm such a douche about sharing cups and such with people I'm not closely related to (by blood). It may be because I had mono in junior high and don't quite know where I got it from.
  • Options
    The cashier at Old Navy didn't ring up two pairs of pants I bought last night in all of the Black Friday madness and I didn't go back to pay for them when I realized it. (In the parking lot)
  • Options
    My dd inadvertently shoplifted today by sticking a pack of hair ties in her play purse. I found them and despite having just spent $170 on groceries there, I took her back inside to pay for them. I feel like a good citizen but also like, meh. HEB corporate could probably eat the $2.50 and never miss it.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options

My dd inadvertently shoplifted today by sticking a pack of hair ties in her play purse. I found them and despite having just spent $170 on groceries there, I took her back inside to pay for them. I feel like a good citizen but also like, meh. HEB corporate could probably eat the $2.50 and never miss it.

This made me feel more guilty!!
  • Options
    ladygaliladygali member
    edited November 2014
    I have another one: lately, it's been taking two or more hours to put DS to sleep for the night. I have no idea why or how to fix it and I'm beyond frustrated. I can't yell at the baby so I yell at DH and I kind of enjoy it.

Eta: words
  • Options

This made me feel more guilty!!
    Don't feel guilty. I've had similar things happen and not gone back to pay for them(just small $1 or $2 things). :-)

Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    My feelings are hurt that no one sympathized with me in RTT about the scary bathtub thing. :\"> :(
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options

My feelings are hurt that no one sympathized with me in RTT about the scary bathtub thing. :\"> :(

I've never caught up on the RTT thread but sorry for whatever the scary bathtub thing is. Now I might have to go check it out.
  • Options

I've never caught up on the RTT thread but sorry for whatever the scary bathtub thing is. Now I might have to go check it out.
    lol Thanks. I gave my daughter a bath without her baby tub since we were out of town, and my cousin and her son were in there. He was standing in front of the tub, I was sitting behind him, and my husband was standing. Edolie face planted and was swallowing and choking on a lot of water. I was upset with my husband and scared for Edolie. She was fine 5 minutes after the fact, so I guess it's not a huge deal. But I was just surprised my comment seemed to go unnoticed.

• Options
    I know I'm super lucky to have a full year of mat leave, but some days I really struggle with it. Today was one of those days. I really miss my job and being busy and on the go. Then I feel guilty about not wanting to be home with LO.
  • Options
    @edoliesmom‌ I must have skimmed over that one.. Yikes! I would have lost it.
  • Options

lol Thanks. I gave my daughter a bath without her baby tub since we were out of town, and my cousin and her son were in there. He was standing in front of the tub, I was sitting behind him, and my husband was standing. Edolie face planted and was swallowing and choking on a lot of water. I was upset with my husband and scared for Edolie. She was fine 5 minutes after the fact, so I guess it's not a huge deal. But I was just surprised my comment seemed to go unnoticed.
    Same thing happened to Liam while DH was giving him a bath tonight. I'm glad I was downstairs and was completely unaware anything was wrong.
  • Options
    @edoliesmom‌ that would have scared me too!
  • Options
    @celticlullaby‌ Thank you! I was so mad at him. My maternal instincts kicked in immediately, but since he was in a position to react more quickly, I thought he would. He later said he thought she could handle it/figure out what to do on her own, so I told him in situations where her health and safety aren't at risk, it's okay to do that, but that wasn't one of those times.

I remember you telling us about Duncan. That was so scary!

@hvmom2b‌ Thank you, we're all okay now. :) Got it all talked out with my husband, and he knows what he did wrong and what to do next time if a situation like that happens again. But I'll probably just not wait to react next time. Lesson learned!

@AprilMay9 I wouldn't be opposed to that. I feel like we're at a point now where a daily thread wouldn't be overwhelming or get lost in a sea of threads.

@Dixon813‌ Oh no! :( I'm glad Liam is okay too. That probably would've been much easier if I hadn't been there.

• Options

Jessimax said:

My opinion on accidental shoplifting: if I forget to pay for something small from a big box store I would feel no guilt. If the kids took something I'd go back just so they know it's not ok to take whatever they want. If it was a small mom and pop type place I would go back.

This makes no sense. You admit it's wrong and that you'd teach your child not to do it. But for yourself, it's no big deal, unless it's a small store.
    Intent is the difference. I would never take something on purpose but if i forgot to pay for toothpaste because the baby is screaming and DS is begging for some candy at the cash i would not go back. The example a pp put out, the kid put something in her purse, she took it on purpose so I would make her return it. As far as a smaller type shop I would feel too guilty because I know their margins are already razor thin. I think Walmart will survive giving me free toothpaste.
  • Options
    Technically, the thing my dd took was something I gave her, and she put it in her little purse to carry. We both forgot it was in there to take it out and pay for it. She wasn't trying to steal it.

• Options

I guess I don't see why the motivation matters. If you take something without paying, it's stealing. I realize it's easy to miss something, but if you give your kid a toy and forget to pay for it, that's on you. And sure, a big box store had loss built in, but stuff like this adds up and it does have an impact. All of this just sounds like ways to justify stealing to me.

I'm not trying to justify stealing as you put it but I do think you look for every opportunity to judge people on here.
  • Options
    I was just clarifying for pp, who said she intentionally stole it. She didn't. But regardless, we went back to pay for it.

• Options

I was just clarifying for pp, who said she intentionally stole it. She didn't. But regardless, we went back to pay for it.

Sorry @Teresa1896‌ I didn't want to imply that your daughter stole something. It's more of a general example, a kid sees something they want and takes it versus a mistake.
  • Options
    deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited November 2014

I guess I don't see why the motivation matters. If you take something without paying, it's stealing. I realize it's easy to miss something, but if you give your kid a toy and forget to pay for it, that's on you. And sure, a big box store had loss built in, but stuff like this adds up and it does have an impact. All of this just sounds like ways to justify stealing to me.

I'm not trying to justify stealing as you put it but I do think you look for every opportunity to judge people on here.

In regards to this particular topic (stealing, even accidentally), it's been mentioned several times in threads like this and I've ignored it b/c I knew some would get wrapped up in the judging vs. the actual issue. After multiple people posted about stealing and were never called out, yes, I replied. If you think I'm judging for calling stealing, stealing, that's you're problem, not mine. 

I reply to things that are of interest to me. I'm sure you'll see a range of posts if you actually look at my post history. 

I've been on this board since majority of us got our BFPs. I'm quite familiar with your style of posting. I don't disagree that stealing is stealing but I still feel like you look for every opportunity to judge. That's all.
  • Options

My FFFC? I CANNOT HANDLE any more Ferguson rants from uninformed morons who use events like this to further their own personal agendas.

I am 3 seconds away from deleting my Facebook app for however long it takes for this to blow over because my brain is going to explode.

I have deleted three people on FB that I was sick of having to read their posts about it. Politics and religion are a quick way to get unfriended on my FB!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"