February 2013 Moms
Options

Why?

Yesterday, we had a playdate with a peer of M's and her 4 year-old brother.  From the brother, M learned the words, "fight," "mine," and "why."  Why has taken hold.  Do your LOs ask "why" yet?  Why am I turning on the lights?  Why do we have belly buttons?  Why does M like it when the lights are on?

Re: Why?

• Options
    Oh god mine is really into asking a million questions of why and what lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    We've been doing "why" for a few months now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, your LOs are "why"ing early, aren't they? DD1 started the "why" phase sometime this past summer (over 3), and while she's a little behind on a lot of milestones, I thought that was a pretty normal age!
    She has gotten past it now, but while she was doing it, DD2 would chime in by mimicking her "why? why? why?" Since DD1 has stopped with the "why"s, DD2 has stopped, as well. She didn't have any meaning behind hers.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    kelly321 said:

Wow, your LOs are "why"ing early, aren't they? DD1 started the "why" phase sometime this past summer (over 3), and while she's a little behind on a lot of milestones, I thought that was a pretty normal age!
    She has gotten past it now, but while she was doing it, DD2 would chime in by mimicking her "why? why? why?" Since DD1 has stopped with the "why"s, DD2 has stopped, as well. She didn't have any meaning behind hers.

My DD isn't asking "why?" yet either. It does seem a little early to me. I'm in no hurry for it to start ;)
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    kleigh926 said:
    My DD isn't asking "why?" yet either. It does seem a little early to me. I'm in no hurry for it to start ;)
    Yeah, it's one of those things that's cute for the first 5 seconds and then gets really old really fast. But it did lead to some pretty funny conversations as I tried to give reasonable answers to all of the successive why questions :)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    We get "waz tat" (what's that) for everything! I blame myself bc when we go through her picture book, i point to stuff and ask, what's that?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't even close to the whys yet either, DD still points to everything and says "dis" (this) when she wants something. I blame myself because when I used to guess what she was pointing at I always said "this?"
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    We aren't even at the "dis" stage! We are still in the scream phase... and repeat scream indefinitely until you guess what he wants.

I need to learn how to read minds.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"