Options

UO-thanksgiving edition.

Re: UO-thanksgiving edition.

• Options
    I don't like turkey.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Pumpkin pie is gross and so is cranberry sauce.

Cranberry sauce is gross, but pumpkin pie is SO good, especially with some whipped cream.
    -----
    I didn't like cranberry sauce as a kid, but now I like it. There are few homemade cranberry sauces that I don't like.
    I dislike pumpkin pie. And I HATE whipped cream.
  • Options
    I don't like turkey, stuffing, giblet gravy, or cranberry sauce.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    I don't love the Jimmy Kimmel "steal your kids' Halloween candy" videos. I'm mostly appalled at how the kids are throwing fits and the parents are sitting there laughing.

That just looks like crappy parenting to me.

**ftr not talking about the 3 year olds crying. Taking about the 9-10 year olds destroying the kitchen**
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will eat thanksgiving dinner, but I would much prefer anything else for the menu, like arabic food, yum.  I also hate parades, I never understood the appeal.  You might as well sit and watch the cars go by, it's just as much fun IMO.

My non-thanksgiving UO, a friend just posted on FB how she is still a mother even though her kids have four legs and fur.  She takes care of them, feeds them, buys stuff for them, loves them.....um no.  I love my cats and pre-baby they were my babies, but I would never call myself a mother, and saying you're just as much a mother to animals as others are to their children is an insult to all parents.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Rad&Co said:

You people are crazy. Pumpkin pie is delish!

My UO stems from the Working Check In thread that I lurked. I love throw pillows and I think beds look empty and boring without them. Didn't realize this was a UO until I saw how many people don't like them!

It's just too much work to take them off the bed to get in, then they are laying on the floor somewhere for the night, and possibly the next day. You've gotta make your bed all pretty to clean the floor up or the bed looks a mess if you just toss them on.
    I don't "make" the bed daily. It gets tidied, but it only gets "made" when it's freshly laundered.
    That's MY story and I'm stickin' to it. ;)
  • Options
    My UO is that I love the Thanksgiving day parade. I watched it snuggled on the couch with my nearly 3YO daughter this morning. It was pretty awesome. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I enjoy watching Macy's Thanksgiving day parade but this year's was lame. There were very few floats and too many boring performances.
  • Options
    I hate Thanksgiving leftovers.

Isn't the stereotype that leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving??  Ugh.  I cooked for 14 and now I have all these leftovers and the last thing I want now is more Thanksgiving food.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Re: parades.....I was all excited that my 3 year old might like watching the Macy's parade (I haven't watched in it YEARS so I didn't really remember what it was like) but it was so lame that even my TV loving 3 year old didn't want to watch it.  :(  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce (freshly prepared AND/OR canned), LOVE the leftovers, Love watching the parade, it's more like background but it is tradition!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"