July 2013 Moms

Some Thanksgiving UOs

I actually enjoy family time. Haha. Even with the crazy MIL.

Seems this is a UO around the Holidays.
July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Some Thanksgiving UOs

• Normally, I'm all about some pecan pie but I am really not in the mood for it this year.
  • I don't like pie. And I'm neutral on the entire thanksgiving feast. Except mashed potatoes, which I love and cranberry sauce and stuffing, which I dislike.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like pumpkin or pecan pie.

Canned cranberry sauce is the worst. Fresh or nothing.
  • I don't like too much Thanksgiving food. No pie! No stuffing! No cranberry crap!

My dad went to my sister's so I didn't even cook him his usual family dressing balls. It's a crazy family recipe seriously passed down no real recipe. I won't eat them but I know he loves them and my grandma isn't around to make them for him.

And no more than cyber shopping for me! Refuse to support the madness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Green beans are gross.
  • I don't eat most pies because I don't like cooked fruit. I prefer just fresh fruit but will eat things like blueberry muffins where fruit is just added to he batter.

I will be getting a few things tomorrow but not at 4 am and I will not shop today.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am probably going to Target this evening just because DH is working and I want to get out. Throw all the things at me.

Canned cranberry sauce is way better than real cranberries. Yum.

Sweet potato casserole is a dessert. And a disgusting one.
  • I go Black Friday shopping at 6am to Target not for the sales, but because it is super empty. I hate crowds!!!! The best part of the season to me is that the stores open early before the crowds come in for a whole month!!!!

• Cheesecake does not belong on Thanksgiving. Pumpkin PIE or nothin', beeyotches.
    I don't like cheesecake. :-O
  • I definitely will never shop on Thanksgiving. My mom had to work today at 4. She has to work every year and it sucks.

And I know some people who, no matter, will shop on Thanksgiving if the stores are open.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • please do not honk at me during busy, holiday traffic when I'm waiting to turn right on red. 1.) You cannot see the same things I can.
    Is there a sign that says no turn on red? Can you see that you have nowhere to move?  Otherwise I'm honkin' at you (not you specifically, cuz maybe I'd recognize your kids in the back, l.o.l....I actually probably wouldn't honk if there were kids in the car, and I'm less likely to honk if d.d.'s in the car w/me, but yea). >:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Someone in my family always makes the traditional fruit salad my grandmother used to make. (If she were still here she would be 98)
    This year I volunteered to make it. DH said it's one of those taboo dishes from the 40's and 50's that no one really eats anymore because it's weird. But he can go straight to hades with his comment! More for me. And it was my favorite thing besides for the sautéed apple, celery and onion stuffing.

For the curious, it has:
    Apples, oranges, bananas, diced celery, pecan pieces, chopped strawberries and it's mixed with a likltle but of mayo. Yes mayo. It's the only acceptable form in which I will ever eat mayo. So that's my UO. I love traditional old school fruit salad.
    Oh and when we were kids we are the kid version that included cool whip instead of mayo. And add marshmallows :)

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• @mermomof6‌ I think it must be a kind of southern spin off of Waldorf salad. I like that too!
    It's so amazing though! The fruit sweetens the mayo so it doesn't even taste anything like mayo. It's like a less sweet version of whip cream it's weird.
    I remember I was pretty horrified when I was young and actually learned there was mayo in the fruit salad but it's the thing I look most forward to eating every thanksgiving. I may even make it for Christmas this year...
    I'm actually gonna go eat some of it now lol!
    My grandma used to make the fruit jello too! She also made fruit cake and pecan and peanut brittle, homemade pecan pies, Turkey neck gravy and scrapple.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Mayo in fruit salad?!?!?!?!???!!! Ahhhhhhh!

I haven't tried it though so I can't knock it.

It's so good! Don't put a lot!
    Try it, you won't be sorry.
    Like I said, mayo doesn't cross these lips unless it's in fruit salad.
    =))

BabyFruit Ticker

• arlingirl said:

Sweet potato casserole is a delicacy. And an amazing one.

FTFY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • econmama said:

If you don't think stores should be open on Thanksgiving, then don't shop there. They're only open because there is demand. Change demand and stores will stay close.

Right? This time of year is when stores in the red get back into black. What happens when stores can't get out of the red? People get laid off, they have less money to put into our economy, and then things go to poo poo. Facebook around this time of year drives me bsc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"