July 2012 Moms
Options

Leappad or other kid tablet?

I noticed on the Xmas thread that several of us are thinking about leappads. So here are a few questions for those that already have them.

Which is the best one? Walmart has the leappad 2 for $49 right now and Costco has the leappad ultra with a $30 download card for $99 until dec 1.

Also, is it worth it to get a leappad if we already have another tablet? My H doesn't think we should get the LP since ava already has the Galaxy Tab4. I was just thinking it has different games and learning things so it might be better but I don't know...

Would love to get some advice :)

Re: Leappad or other kid tablet?

• Options
    We have the leappad ultra. The biggest factor in going with the ultra is a rechargeable battery. The ultra has wifi. Leappad has approved sites that kids can access, so it's safe. You can download games and purchase game cartridges. It is user friendly for kids. DD#1 got hers for Christmas last year when she was 3yrs 2m. She has had no issues using it. I also like that there are different levels of games so it will grow with her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    the leappad 2 needs batteries. the 3 and ultra do not. that is what sold the 3 to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The 3 wasn't available when we got ours, but we would have spent the difference in batteries in a year if we had gone with the 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"