Working Moms
Options

NWMR: Assemble toys vs wrap toys

For big ticket items, like a Barbie House, do you keep them in the box and wrap or assemble them place near the tree unwrapped?

Re: NWMR: Assemble toys vs wrap toys

• Options
    Assembled. Anything that can't stay in the box is automatically the Santa gift at our house, which is how my parents did it, too. :)
  • Options
    Assembled.  Took me four hours to put together her play kitchen last year.  Although we ended up wrapping it as well (basically draping it in wrapping paper with a bow)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely assemble for big items like a Barbie house, or anything with a lot of parts and stickers that need to be put together/stuck on.  That way kids can start to play with their new toys right away.  This year I found large plastic gift bags at the dollar store to put them in. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We assemble everything and take everything out of packages. The big stuff (like DD's Little People farm last year) we set up under the tree unwrapped. The rest gets wrapped, just not generally in its original packaging.
  • Options
    We wrap everything, LO still likes to rip paper, but I would definitely assemble it first. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't celebrate xmas as I'm non Christian but OMG yes assembled I'd squeal even as an adult if I got a gift assembled looking all nice and chic with a bow on it
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    I agree! Assemble!
  • Options
    We usually just wrap, but after reading these responses, this year I'm going to assemble!
  • Options

Assemble only the big items. My MIL has a way of always purchasing exactly the same thing I tell her I'm going to get then conveniently losing the tags. So I usually have a few items form Santa I have to take back. Annoying to say the least.

I always grew up with Christmas day being the assembly day so it doesn't bother me.

We need a "cr@p my MIL" pulls thread. 
  • Options
    We set up whatever Santa brings and everything else is boxed.  I do think that I will precharge the Kindles and set up free time, etc. so that does not become a Christmas task.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"