Stay at Home Moms
Options

How do you and your family dress on Thanksgiving?

Are you the dressed up family?

The jeans and sweatshirt family?

The stretchy sweatpants family?

The athletic gear family because you run the turkey trot and are famished afterward?

Something not on the list?

Re: How do you and your family dress on Thanksgiving?

• Options
    The four of us dress nicely.  I wear a dress, DH wears a nice button-down with khakis, and this year the boys are wearing corduroys and coordinating sweaters.  We aren't fancy, but we do make a special effort.  

• Options
    I would say we are work casual. Not super dressed up but not jeans either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We dress up. DD wears a dress because she loves dressing up. I wear slacks and a nice sweater. And yes, I am old and call them slacks lol! DH will do dress pants and a sweater.
  • Options
    DH, DS, and I wear nice sweaters or dress shirts with jeans. DD wears a dress with leggings.

• Options
    Nice jeans and sweaters.  I just bought the boys nice winter sweaters that they will wear to visit santa so they will break those in. One has a penguin on it and the sweater is blue, the other is dark blue with blue stripes.  I will wear a nice outfit, leggings and boots with special effort for hair and makeup, mostly because I know pictures will be taken with a new baby in our family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Leggings, sweater, and boots for me. Button downs and sweaters with jeans for the boys and DH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Keeptruckin‌ I call them slacks too!

• Options
    Mlc10811 said:
    DH and I will wear a nice dressy shirt with jeans and I'm putting DD in a cotton dress with tights. Although she'll probably lose the tights fairly quickly. 45+ people packed in a house = heat wave.
    45+people?!?

Holy moly!!
  • Options
    I like to bring a little style to the holidays, so probably a dress and leggings or jeans and a nice shirt. Dh usually wears jeans and a tshirt or sweater. C likes to dress up too, but I'll just have to make sure it's weather appropriate since she believes we live in a land of endless summer. H will be wearing a long sleeve onesie that says Happy Thanksgiving and pants that have a turkey on the butt because he's 9 months old and can get away with it.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    What we normally wear. I'll wear jeans and a sweater. DH will wear jeans and a button down shirt. DS will wear jeans and probably a character shirt. DD will wear a dress/legging combo.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I wear a dress on an average day and like to dress up for the holidays but DS is newly crawling and there will be a total of 5 dogs at the ILs so I'm leaning towards leggings or jeans this year.
  • Options
    Nice but not fancy. My in-laws are very comfy. My mil is usually in PJs but this year she was in leggings & a tunic.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are completely casual

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We are completely casual

We were shameful this year - neither DH or I got a shower until about 2pm and I may have worn the leggings and tunic I had on the day before ;)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"