July 2015 Moms
Options

TDap

Hi. For my insurance it is recommended that you speak to a prenatal nurse in each trimester. She said that the new standard is for all expected mom's to get the TDaP vaccine if you have not done so in the past 2 years. She said it passes to the baby and will protect them until they get vaccinated. I have had issues with it in the past but am considering getting for the baby. Last time I got it my lymph nodes blew up and I could move my arm for about a week. The nurse said I should get it anyway. Any thoughts? I will talk to my ob about it at my next appointment as well.

Re: TDap

• Options
    My personal opinion which is very different from most people on here is no.. Hell no. I never had the Tdap with my last pregnancy and I would say considering you had that nasty reaction your body is not a fan. Also people will freak out about this but there is a link between that vaccine and miscarriages. You can dispute this all you want but it's true. Do a little research check the ingredients and talk with a doctor not a nurse and make a decision you are comfortable with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For the record everyone is so hesitant to give anyone medical advice on here and I think you should stick to that regarding vaccines. You don't know this persons history, allergies etc and to scare her into getting it is ridiculous. If we are being really honest here every vaccine isn't for every single person. Period. Op please Don't listen to Internet strangers myself included.. talk to your doctor about this and make sure you explain your previous reaction.
  • Options
    The vaccine is recommended in your 3rd trimester. I got it last pregnancy and I will absolutely get it again, even though that will be 3 times in 4 years. OP talk to your PCP and OB about it, and have them weigh the risks against you vs the risks to your baby.
  • Options
    Considering you have a history of a negative reaction I would say no. Do your research and make an educated decision.
    I personally wouldn't do it. (And I won't be )
  • Options
    GraceWordie got banned?? How did I miss that thread??
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options
    valigrl21valigrl21 member
    edited November 2014
    GraceWordie got banned?? How did I miss that thread??
    In the thread about the flu shot. She called someone a terrible human being (or something to that effect).

ETA: thread about the flu shot, not just the flu.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    **goes off to pop popcorn and enjoy said thread**
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options

Considering you have a history of a negative reaction I would say no. Do your research and make an educated decision.
    I personally wouldn't do it. (And I won't be )

Swollen lymph nodes and a sore arm are NOT negative reactions to an immunization.
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"