February 2013 Moms

Thankful thread

I just got done watching a beautiful news story about a heart transplant and the families meeting (which made me a hot sobby mess at work) which got me thinking since tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for? I know some of us had a rough year but what are you grateful for?

I'm thankful for these two here:

I could lose everything. My job, my house, even my health but these two are my entire world and they make me so very happy.
Married: August 2008
DS born: February 2013
TTC #2: Nov. 14
Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16

Re: Thankful thread

• draeray said:
    singingsea, I knew a lady that was a heart transplant recipient. She was meeting the mom of the daughter who donated her heart for the first time. She borrowed a fetal doppler, recorded the heart beat and put a picture of the mom's daughter in a recordable picture frame with the sound of her heart beat. She presented the picture frame to the mom and of course she lost it. I am pretty sure I would have been a sobbing mess for weeks over that!
    What a beautiful gift! (Both the heart and the picture frame with sound). That would make me a sobbing mess too! I'm an organ donor and I hope if anything happens to me they use what they can to help others.
  • Loading the player...
  • Rynleigh said:
    I received a demand letter regarding my hospital bills from the twins (I've been making monthly payments, but it hasn't been enough to satisfy them). I put together a fundraiser asking for help to collect enough to help make the payments they want me to until tax time, when I'll have enough to be able to pay off the remaining balance in full. In less than 24hrs, friends raised enough to cover the next four payments requested by the creditor. 

I am thankful for good people who care enough to help me avoid a lawsuit. 
    You have some awesome friends! That's wonderful! :)
  • You have some awesome friends! That's wonderful! :)
    Truth. Two of the contributors were family, but the rest were all persons I met through social networking (and one person I didn't even know, a friend of a friend). Faith in humanity bolstered. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• I'm thankful for everything in my life right now. I'm thankful for my husband and DD, my family and friends, for our jobs that provide us with enough income to not only pay for food and shelter, but also to save for the future and treat ourselves to small indulgences. For our health, for reliable transportation. And of course for all of you ladies!!

• I am thankful my my H, DS, soon-to-be DD, and my dog.  My little family is awesome.

I am thankful counseling is working out for H and I.  I had a few weeks where I wasn't sure it was going to work, but when I look back over the last few months, I can see how much happier and at peace we both are now.  Also, there was an incident this morning (I won't get into) and DH immediately apologized and I could see he felt really crappy about it.  It is such a change.

I am thankful that we are blessed with a safe, comfortable place to live and the means to support ourselves and then a little.  I am especially thankful for hot showers. 

I am thankful for our health and well-being.  We are so blessed.

I am thankful to live in California.  I really love it here.  We ate dinner outside two weeks ago and were at the beach on a beautiful, sunny day last weekend.  It is currently 70 degrees outside.   I feel so lucky we can be here.  I think it is the best place in the world to live.

And...I am thankful for Diet Pepsi.  ;;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am thankful for my husband and children, of course. It sounds cliché, but they are my life. They make me so happy.

I am also thankful for the wealth of knowledge that my husband is. He knows so much about so many things! When there's a problem, I know who to ask and 99% of the time, he can fix the problem.

Asks honestly, I'll be thankful when Aunt Flo shows up! She was due yesterday and I'm getting super anxious waiting...
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    I am thankful to have such a wonderful supportive family. They are my world! Say what you want about me but if you say anything about my family I will cut you!(not really.)
    Obviously they are my family too but I cant imagine my life without my DH he is so good to me and a better father than I ever could have asked for. And my little Roo bug. Even thinking about him makes me misty eyed. I seriously live and breathe for that kid. He is the best whoops ever!
  • Whatevs @tamarar5‌. You know you want to pop out another little one!
  • Whatevs @tamarar5‌. You know you want to pop out another little one!

Um. I just had a baby!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• tamarar5 said:
    Whatevs @tamarar5‌. You know you want to pop out another little one!
    Um. I just had a baby!

I know. I was totally joking :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"