June 2013 Moms
Options

Why I am a Terrible Person Wednesday

It's crazy raining here and I'm hoping it keeps it up tomorrow so that my FIL can't "air fry" the turkey. It just adds to the list of reasons why them hosting is a terrible idea (I'd be happy to list the other reasons).

What makes you a terrible person today?

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: Why I am a Terrible Person Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WasNotWas‌, genuinely curious... Is "air frying" a typo/autocorrect, or is that actually what he calls it? Is it different than deep frying?
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    WasNotWas said:
    daffy2k said:
    @WasNotWas‌, genuinely curious... Is "air frying" a typo/autocorrect, or is that actually what he calls it? Is it different than deep frying?
    air frying is what I call the thing. It's an oil-less deep fryer (which is like what's the point). It's basically a turkey cooked in an expensive convection oven...

so basically it's an Actifry built specifically for a turkey? Yeah, that sounds ridiculous.

• Options
    @smpeachey‌ - that's a huge part of why I feel so shitty about feeling so shitty!

I'm a terrible person because I'm waiting for SH to ask me about my appointment instead of bringing it up myself. Or telling him how selfish and ungrateful I think he's being. Basically I'm being really passive aggressive, which I hate.

Anniversary

• Options
    Hugs @smpeachey‌ . I remember having similar feelings (not on here because I wasn't active on TB then) after I had my miscarriage. It's not fair and you are totally justified in your feelings.

• Options
    I've been a super bitch lately, and today is no different. SH keeps doing and saying dumb shit and just doesn't get it when I tell him how annoying he's being. I know part of it is me being hormonal and whatever, but I think he needs to make a bigger effort not to piss me off. Yeah, I'm a terrible person.

• Options
    @momofcatan‌ I acutally find it hard to believe that they will, if they so readily live off their parents at this age (I'm assuming they are close-ish in age to you or I?) I know far too many spoiled 40 year olds who have never learned how to manage their money because their parents always bail them out. So even with a good job and what should be an equally good income they just can't ever get it together. I know you feel jealous (I probably would too), but just remember that their parents probably aren't doing them any favours supporting them this way and that down the road you and your H will be way better off because of it.

• Options
    momofcatanmomofcatan member
    edited November 2014
    daffy2k said:
    @momofcatan‌ I acutally find it hard to believe that they will, if they so readily live off their parents at this age (I'm assuming they are close-ish in age to you or I?) I know far too many spoiled 40 year olds who have never learned how to manage their money because their parents always bail them out. So even with a good job and what should be an equally good income they just can't ever get it together. I know you feel jealous (I probably would too), but just remember that their parents probably aren't doing them any favours supporting them this way and that down the road you and your H will be way better off because of it.
    @daffy2k I almost wish I could say this is them, but its not. They are in their early 20's and on their way to a  great life. They are extremely smart, at top dental and medical schools and only living off of their parents because they are both students. My BIL is not a material person, they do not spend a lot of money things (unless you count having a baby, but even then they get their parents to buy everything for them). They are also smart in that they keep finding ways to guilt my IL into paying for more and more of their schooling so their student loans won't even be that large.

As I said, I want to have a big huge toddler tantrum.

• Options
    @momofcatan‌ I totally get where you're coming from. If they keep guilting their parents into paying for more and more though, I still see a similar pattern to what I mentioned. There's a sense of entitlement there and if one day it's cut off, smart or not, a lot of people can't deal. Time will only tell. You and your H can be proud of the fact that you do make it on your own, while it sometimes sucks, you've earned every bit of what you have. They might say they have too, but in reality they haven't. Being a student for 8 years doesn't entitle you to the same plush life you lived as a kid (and your child to that too). I really hope they are, or at least learn to be, very grateful for what is being given to them.

• Options
    @CL8badB‌ that would drive me nuts! It's my house, I'll cook how I want dammit!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"