Cloth Diapering
Options

NCDR: Thrifty gift ideas

In the spirit of the holidays, while still going green/saving money, does anyone have any thrifty gift ideas?

You know, so we can use that money to buy.all.the.diapers?
...There, I made it CDR :)

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
**Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
"Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage

Re: NCDR: Thrifty gift ideas

• Options
    Make a donation in the names of your family members to The Human Fund

https://youtu.be/JJvbZZWt9g4
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I made tea cup candles for everyone last year, I got vintage tea cups for $.50 each and then used a 50% off coupon to buy a wax candle kit at Michael's.

This year I am going to buy some wooden utensils from IKEA and woodburn peoples initials on the handles.

My SIL made a bunch of people wreathes last year, they were really nice. I made a wreath for my best friends birthday two years ago. It was a branch wreath I spray painted silver and I put clear and white sparkly snowflake ornaments on it with navy ribbon for a winter theme.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I made tea cup candles for everyone last year, I got vintage tea cups for $.50 each and then used a 50% off coupon to buy a wax candle kit at Michael's. This year I am going to buy some wooden utensils from IKEA and woodburn peoples initials on the handles. My SIL made a bunch of people wreathes last year, they were really nice. I made a wreath for my best friends birthday two years ago. It was a branch wreath I spray painted silver and I put clear and white sparkly snowflake ornaments on it with navy ribbon for a winter theme.
    I love that teacup candle idea!

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • Options
    I always make small gifts for my bff's. I made photo coasters (sets of 4, all tied with ribbon), homemade sugar scrub, chocolate covered pretzel logs, brownie-in-a-mug recipe mug (with oil based sharpies and $ store mugs). I think I found most of those ideas on Pinterest!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I made these chocolate covered spoons (without the shortening) last year using plastic spoons and mint chocolate from the dollar store. I then wrapped them individually in the cake pop bags with a ribbon and gave them in the gift boxes that look like a Chinese take out container (a dozen per container).

https://m.wikihow.com/Make-Chocolate-Dipped-Spoons

ETA real spoons can be used for this to go green but then it's not cheap...I'm also thinking now it could be green by just putting unwrapped spoons in a mason jar?
  • Options
    @DecafGrandeMocha‌ Thank you!! I've been needing to find a quick and economical gift for my Bunco group. I think I have everything I need for this already except the bags.

How did they turn out without shortening?

• Options
    edited November 2014

@DecafGrandeMocha‌ Thank you!! I've been needing to find a quick and economical gift for my Bunco group. I think I have everything I need for this already except the bags.

How did they turn out without shortening?

@unaveragejane‌, you're welcome! My family thought they were delicious still and that was with cheapo chocolate. When I make them again, I want to get a higher quality chocolate. Anyway, one SIL didn't even bother using it to stir her coffee, she just licked it like a lollipop LOL.The only difference I think without the shortening was that the chocolate wasn't evenly spread on the spoon, but they were still cute!

ETA my LO is only two months old, but I'm hoping this will be one of the things we make every Christmas someday.
  • Options
    Cocoa or mocha mix in mason jars. :-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    edited November 2014

rugbymama said:

Cocoa or mocha mix in mason jars. :-)

I still need to do a a mix recipe for this. I have the jars.
    I found a couple recipes on the interwebs that worked well. They never turn out as beautiful as the pinterest pics, of course, but still pretty with the fancy lid label and ribbon :-)

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Just scored a great gift for my BIL. A vintage print for $10 and then I got a really nice frame (with double mat) for it 50% off at Michael's ($17) - I love their coupons!! Pretty nice, unique gift for under $30.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"