Cloth Diapering
Options

Thirsties AIO or Pocket

We're looking to get a few new diapers, I've got it narrowed down to either the Thirsties AIO or their pocket with the Hemp insert.
We have some of their hemp pockets already and like them, but an AIO might be nice too, since these are going to be velcro close diapers for my hubby to use on the LO when he does the diaper changes.

What's the general consensus on the Thirsties AIO?
And should I buy these now or wait until black friday to see if they'll have a sale?

Re: Thirsties AIO or Pocket

• Options
    The thing I find weird about the Thirsties AIO is that the soaker pad is in a fixed position, and as you let out the rise snaps the soaker moves further back, so you don't have as much absorbency up front. Even in the lowest setting I felt like I wanted more absorbency in the front, but I don't think this would be as much of a concern if you were diapering a girl.

Otherwise, you know -- Thirsties is a good company and they make good diapers. If you like MF AIOs it should probably be on your list to try them. I prefer the pockets. It's probably my favorite pocket diaper, and I hated pockets for the first year or two.
  • Options

Simplex is an option too, but I'm not crazy about Blueberry's aplix.  Maybe we got a bad diaper, but the one aplix Blueberry we have has aplix that's starting to separate back to front.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The thing I find weird about the Thirsties AIO is that the soaker pad is in a fixed position, and as you let out the rise snaps the soaker moves further back, so you don't have as much absorbency up front. Even in the lowest setting I felt like I wanted more absorbency in the front, but I don't think this would be as much of a concern if you were diapering a girl.

Otherwise, you know -- Thirsties is a good company and they make good diapers. If you like MF AIOs it should probably be on your list to try them. I prefer the pockets. It's probably my favorite pocket diaper, and I hated pockets for the first year or two.
    I have a boy and noticed this with the Size 1 AIO.  They seem to have fixed this in the new OS version.  I was actually discussing that with the shop owner of our local CD store.  I have one of the new OS in the aplix and I really like it.  It has a flap so it dries faster than the sized versions I have, but it only has one flap so it's not as cumbersome as the BG Freetimes.  I'm thinking of getting a few more this weekend for daycare/babysitters since most of our stash is BG 4.0's with snaps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"