Breastfeeding
Options

Extended BFing Check-in

For the purposes of this check-in, we will define extended breastfeeding as breastfeeding beyond 1 year.

1. How old is your LO?
2. How many times a day does your LO nurse?
3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space?
4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful?

Non-breastfeeding question of the week:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

Re: Extended BFing Check-in

• Options
    1. How old is your LO? 27 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? 2-3
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? We have coslept/bedshared since DS was about 6 weeks old. We'd borrowed a cosleeper, but he just would not sleep in it-- and it was awkward to get him in and out of it to nurse. I don't think we would have survived the first year without bedsharing. We have been wanting to move DS into his own bed for a while (he is getting BIG and squirmy), but have so far been unsuccessful. Interested to hear about what has worked for others.
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? The Boppy was great for the first few months. Nipple cream.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Turkey and cranberry sauce

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How old is your LO? 13 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? ~4x on weekdays and 5-6 on weekends
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? We did for a long time, till about 9 months. But sleeping next to me all night made her want to nurse literally all night long, and I was getting no sleep. So we transitioned to her crib, and it was a smooth transition, no major issues. After that, we both seemed to sleep better. 
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? For the first few months, My Brest Friend Pillow. Also, I still live in Target nursing tanks. 

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Sweet potatoes with marshmallows, and mashed potatoes and gravy
  • Options
    1. How old is your LO?  18 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse?  2 (morning and bedtime)
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space?  We used a cosleeper until 2+ months then transitioned to the crib in her room. I wasn't ready but she was getting too big for the cosleeper. She did fine.
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful?  Boppy definitely with the hands-free pump bra a close second.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Sweet potatoes with marshmallows
  • Options
    1. How old is your LO? almost 26 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? 2-3 on weekdays, 3-4 weekends
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? We co-slept with LO in a RnP right next to my side of the bed for the first 3 months, but did naps in his crib. When he started trying to roll over, I moved him to a PNP. Around 8 months I started moving the PNP further and further from our bed.  At 9 months I moved his PNP into the nursery.   A few weeks later I started putting him down in the crib. 
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? In the beginning hands down Lansinoh Soothies with a close second the MBF nursing pillow.  When I was pumping Simple Wishes Hands free bra.  Long term - Nursing tanks.  I'm still wearing them most days. 

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Pumpkin Pie

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    vvvvvfee said:
    1. How old is your LO? 27 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? 2-3
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? We have coslept/bedshared since DS was about 6 weeks old. We'd borrowed a cosleeper, but he just would not sleep in it-- and it was awkward to get him in and out of it to nurse. I don't think we would have survived the first year without bedsharing. We have been wanting to move DS into his own bed for a while (he is getting BIG and squirmy), but have so far been unsuccessful. Interested to hear about what has worked for others.
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? The Boppy was great for the first few months. Nipple cream.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Turkey and cranberry sauce

We bed-shared with DS1.  (Tried to with DS2, but he wasn't having it.)  We transitioned DS1 out of our bed around age 2- 2.5.  We did it by getting him excited about his room...new "big boy" bed, comforter and decorations he liked, etc.  It was rough for the first 2-3 nights because he'd cry that he wanted us.  Then for the next year or so he'd come into our room whenever he woke up in the MOTN.  Eventually he just quit coming in.  

image imageimageimage

• Options
    1. How old is your LO? 15 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? 2x per day (morning & bedtime)
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? We never coslept/bed shared. LO slept in our room in the PNP for the first 8 weeks, and then we transitioned her to her crib in her room (right next door to our room). She has slept in her crib every night since then.
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? Lansinoh lanolin cream and Boppy!

Non-breastfeeding question of the week: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Really good stuffing and apple pie!

• Options
    1. How old is your LO? 18m next week
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? 2x/day
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? Never consistently, and trying now is just miserable. She seems to really like her crib, though, so that's good :)
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? Coconut oil!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Pie! Pumpkin! Apple! Cherry!
  • Options
    1. 15 months today
    2.6-ish during the week , more on weekends
    3. He started out in the bassinet with me in the room. He reversed cycled from 5-9 months and we bedshared. I got him in his crib STTN over summer holidays but now he is back to waking every two hours and wanting to sleep in my bed :(
    4. Nipple shields were a necessity. After that, the boppy. I liked it so much I have 2 ( one for the car)

Sweet potato pie
  • Options
    1. How old is your LO? 15 months

2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? 5+ times a day

3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? We are still bed sharing

4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? In the beginning lanolin/nipple cream and the boppy. Still use the boppy.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon!!! Yum. Also apple pie and sweet potato pie.
  • Options
    1. How old is your LO? 12 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? Constantly, it seems! (Except while I'm at work; then she drinks about 3 oz with a bottle of pumped breastmilk)
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? Yes, still cosleeping
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? Madela electric breastpump (although manual pumps can be lifesavers too)

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Mashed potatoes!
  • Options
    I'm chiming in late.

1. How old is your LO? 2 years & 2 months
    2. How many times a day does your LO nurse? Usually around 4x: morning, before nap, after nap, and before bed.
    3. Did you/do you cosleep? When Alex was 6 months or younger we did occasionally. He slept in a rock 'n play during that time next to me, and I'd sometimes bring him into our bed to sleep and nurse.
    If you did but don't anymore, how did you transition your LO into their own sleeping space? When he turned 6 months, I bought the Zippeedee (sp?) suit for him and moved him into his crib in the nursery. He was rolling in his swaddle, so I was nervous about him not being in his crib to sleep. He still woke during the night, and I nursed him in his room.
    4. What BFing accessory/product have you found most useful? The Bravado nursing bra was game-changing for me.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Do I have to pick one? I cooked all my favorites -- turkey, candied sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and so on.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"