1st Trimester
Options

Exercise Question

I know I'm not supposed to start doing any extreme exercises that I wasn't doing prior to pregnancy. Prior to pregnancy, I didn't work out much. I occasionally took walks or did step aerobics, but it was very inconsistently. What I'm wondering is if I can start doing step aerobics again now that I'm pregnant. I think it's considered low impact, and I did do it once in a while. Is that enough to consider it safe?
~Katie~

Re: Exercise Question

• Options
    I did step and cross fit most of my pregnancy with DD. Though I don't recommend jumping full boar into a cardio class easing back into it is fine. Take your time and listen to your body.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    Appreciate the advice. My take it go ahead and do it, but stop if my body tells me to!

Thanks!
    ~Katie~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    **cough crossfit sucks cough**
  • Options

**cough crossfit sucks cough**

Well, then I guess you will save plenty of money not going.

Sure do and I don't get training from sub par fitness instructors that will eventually lead to injury.
    Trust me I paid for and did crossfit when it wasn't on every corner and the education and fitness were worth the cost.
  • Options
    PIYO isn't bad for a quick work out when you are starting back into it. Its Yoga/Pilates, a little quicker paced but still has a lot of beneficial stretching. Not a bad way to ease into working out or to warm up.

1st DD born 1/2013
    2nd EDD 08/2015
  • Options
    I was the same way. I just asked my doctor this yesterday. She said to walk a few times a week & do some prenatal yoga. Later in the pregnancy parental water aerobics are supposed to be great. With my first pregnancy I got a wrist heart monitor just to be safe that I wasn't overdoing anything.
  • Options
    My doctor said that whatever exercise you did prior to pregnancy is fine during pregnancy (e.g. if you trained for marathons before you can continue to do so, but if you were complete sedentary then now isn't the time to train for a marathon).  Exercise is beneficial during pregnancy, so you can continue with your routine (but check with your doctor).  Look for low-impact activities like walking, yoga, or swimming if you didn't exercise regularly below.
  • Options
    prenatal yoga is not bad at all!! I don't understand the disagreement!?  :-/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"