October 2013 Moms
Options

Crafty mamas

What are you working on?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Crafty mamas

• Options
    H and I are doing a project together for his dad for Christmas. Coffee mugs for them with DS's hand print or foot print or something on there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ballygirl said:

Finished the second dress.  I just have to block them now to keep the shape and prevent the bottom from curling up.  The only thing about them that I don't like is that the yarn I used is wool, so the white is not a bright white.  You can't really find a bright white in wool.  I was going to put them in white long sleeve onesies underneath and white tights but the white in the onesie and tights is much brighter, so it makes the snowflakes look kind of dinge-y.  I don't really know what other color I could do underneath though.

They came out so beautiful! Can you do ivory underneath?

• Options
    Shoot, I got your SN wrong originally, @ballygirl (I tried to add an s in there) and I don't know if it tags you properly if I edit the tag.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options

@deedee1017 - I have been looking for ivory but can't find anything that looks right.  Most of the ivories I've seen are too dark.  Its a weird white.  I'm sure no one will notice but me. 

@sleepy33 -The yarn I used was Malabrigo Rios - I absolutely LURVE this yarn.  It was so soft and the color was really vibrant.  I never want to knit with another yarn again.

Your sweater looks nice!  If the fit is a little off, you can always stretch it out when you block it.  Is it wool?

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oooh, @ballygirl I have heard great things about Malabrigo! Mine is a superwash wool that I dyed, so I'm not sure how effective blocking will be. FFTC this is really the first fitted garment I've made, so I haven't really done a lot of blocking.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options

Lia1303 said:
    @ballygirl‌ they came out awesome. For you knitters, is Marino wool expensive? I was on etsy and this lady is charging $144 for a pair of mittens. And I can't for the life of me figure out why. 
    Merino is a premium wool, but not that much more expensive than other types of wool. Has she sold a lot of them? I'd be surprised...

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @lia1303 that is kind of an insane price for mittens. A lot of people overvalue their items on etsy.

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    @sleepy33‌ if the sweater that you're making doesn't fit you...I call dibs on it. I'll use crisco to get it on if I hafta!
  • Options
    Ycu2013 said:
    @sleepy33‌ if the sweater that you're making doesn't fit you...I call dibs on it. I'll use crisco to get it on if I hafta!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @ballygirl‌ Love those dresses! So cute!

@sleepy33‌ Good job on the sweater!

@Jalee85‌ Cute ponchos!

My sister and I are going to make new stocking holders tomorrow. I'll post when were done!
  • Options
    I'm getting a fancy new sewing machine for Christmas with 60 stitches and something special for quilting. Oh and it is automatic (????). Does that count?
    @crunchymama11 what machine are you getting?

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @Jalee85‌ very cute! Does it have arm holes? I think it may need some. That way they don't feel restrained and they could put their hands in the pockets or they have the choice of not putting their arms through the arm holes.

Just thought :)
  • Options
    @crunchymama11‌ i think the glue gun has it's perks because it dries quicker and it holds some things better than other glues (fabric, plastic, wood, etc.), but it also can be a PITA. Last time I tried to use it for something there were strings of hot glue gun everywhere and the glue would dry before I had the chance to put the stuff on it. I really like tacky glue. Have you used that? there are still some things it won't hold that a glue gun will though.

Also, I've noticed that if I get the cheap glue gun sticks (from the dollar store or similar) the glue quality is not as good. It dries too fast, it doesn't flatten out as much, it's much more difficult to use.

• Options
    @Ycu2013‌
    It doesn't have arm holes, but the poncho is open from the arms down. So they are able to get their hands out.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    sleepy33 said:
    I'm getting a fancy new sewing machine for Christmas with 60 stitches and something special for quilting. Oh and it is automatic (????). Does that count?
    @crunchymama11 what machine are you getting?
    @sleepy33 https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Feature-Rich-Built-In-Auto-Size-Buttonholes/dp/B000JQM1DE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1417372795&sr=8-10&keywords=serger

I'm really excited! DH was going to get me a serger but I found this one and went with it!
    Oooh, this was my first machine I had as an adult! H bought it for me for Christmas one year. :) It was a great machine, very easy to use.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Just got asked to make 6 ruffle aprons for a church Christmas party in 11 days. Yikes. Guess I know what crafts I'll be doing for the next week!

how cool! Show us when you can!

• Options
    Doveyluvr said:
    @ballygirl‌ What about green or black as the color underneath?
    hmm - I hadn't thought about that.  Black might work. 

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    I need to do my Christmas Countdown sign TODAY before Christmas gets here! We are also joining our baby group to make hand print art cards to send out to family. 

DH and I are working on a fun/sensory board for LO. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"