October 2013 Moms
Options

S/O rocking/feeding to sleep

I know there was a post on this recently that I can't seem to find. I've always fed to sleep (bad habit, I know). Dd doesn't fall asleep during the bottle anymore. What used to be 15 mins is now 30-60 with her trying to get down, fussing, etc. I even pushed her bedtime until later to ensure she is tired but she is now used to it. For those that have broken the cycle a little later, will she grow out of it or will I have to do some sort of sleep training? Anytime I even attempt to lay her down awake, she screams bloody murder. I went 7 whole minutes 1 time. We're both in therapy now :) I need to get this under control before lo2 comes along in May. Teach me your ways.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

Re: S/O rocking/feeding to sleep

• Options
    It gradually got better for us, I don't even lay him down in his crib anymore. For naps he still scream/cries for 5 minutes then either falls a sleep or plays with his sound machine for 10/15 then falls asleep. And for bedtime I give him his milk in a take n toss cup before bed. He only yells for like a minute before passing out.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    I'm due in May too! We have always rocked & fed to sleep also and she recently stopped falling asleep during her bottle just like your LO. Now, what I do is hold her for a minute after she finishes her bottle and sing a short song. Then, I tell her it's to for night nights. I put her in her crib, give her a lovey, go to the door and say "night night!" And then leave. I don't know why but me saying "night night" at the door made her cry less. Instead of crying like she used to, she stands up and waves and says "bye bye'!" The. She will either lay down and go to sleep, or she will play until she falls asleep. Sometimes she plays for a minute, sometimes 20. She rarely fusses anymore but if she does it lasts like a minute while she is getting comfortable. This transition happened over maybe 3 nights. There first time I did it she looked at me like WTF???

I'm starting to wonder how I will be able to put her in the crib as my belly starts to grow?!? Other than standing her up I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"