Working Moms
Options

My a$$ is f@

So I'm going to buy a treadmill. I was running outside and now it's cold. I really don't want to spend more than $500, but don't want a crappy Golds Gym Walmart one or a crappy Weslo one. I know ProForms are good, but not all of them. I really want a Horizon T101 or T202. 

Does anyone know of any good Black Friday deals? Or have a recommendation of a supercheap-but-won't-bust-apart-after-a-few-miles-and-has-a-belt-wider-than-two-inches treadmill? Or know of a way to trim a few extra bucks off?

I found that going to the manufacturer's websites themselves seem to have the best deals, but still not quite cheap enough for me. Used is definitely an option, but Craigslist is my Plan B.
One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)

Re: My a$$ is f@

• Options
    I have a midrange NordicTrack that I've had for 6 years and is still running great.  I got it from Sears for about $700.  If you have a Sears in your area you can go and try them out.  I'd recommend Sears over Academy as far as quality of products.

My friends have had great luck buying exercise equipment on Craigslist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    jlaOK said:
    I have a midrange NordicTrack that I've had for 6 years and is still running great.  I got it from Sears for about $700.  If you have a Sears in your area you can go and try them out.  I'd recommend Sears over Academy as far as quality of products.

*STUCK IN THE BOX*
    Ditto all of this.  We bought ours 8 years ago at sears.  No issues, works great. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mae0111 said:
    jlaOK said:

*STUCK IN THE BOX*
    Ditto all of this.  We bought ours 8 years ago at sears.  No issues, works great. 
    I just found a NordicTrack 6.5Z for $519 ($569 + some discounts) on the Sears website. Now to clear it with the DH...
  • Options
    Good choice with the nordic track.  I have found great deals through Sears online.  Use Ebates and get 6% back.  There are a bunch of coupons out on Ebates that you probably found, and I feel like Sears lets you use more than one.

Also, if you have a Shop Your Way card (that's it, right??), use it to earn points for your next purchase.

Geez - I sound like I work for Sears.  But we bought our double stainless steel 5 burner stove/oven from Sears online.  6% back on an oven purchase really added up, plus then we had a big credit on our Shop Your Way card for other things we needed for our new house...
  • Options
    I have bought a stair master, stationary bike and elliptical all used off of Craigslist. They are all good quality and have lasted through a few years of regular use. I saved a ton by buying them used.

• Options
    mae0111 said:
    Good choice with the nordic track.  I have found great deals through Sears online.  Use Ebates and get 6% back.  There are a bunch of coupons out on Ebates that you probably found, and I feel like Sears lets you use more than one.

Also, if you have a Shop Your Way card (that's it, right??), use it to earn points for your next purchase.

Geez - I sound like I work for Sears.  But we bought our double stainless steel 5 burner stove/oven from Sears online.  6% back on an oven purchase really added up, plus then we had a big credit on our Shop Your Way card for other things we needed for our new house...
    I so wish I'd seen this before I went shopping on Black Friday. I did, however, get an amazing deal on a NordicTrack C900-something for $550. And I did sign up for Ebates.  $-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"