February 2015 Moms
Options

NBR: Could this be from a spider bite?

I just noticed this freakish bruise on my leg. I never hit it on anything (that I remember). I was just looking at it and saw two little marks in the center. It doesn't hurt unless I press on it, just like any other bruise, though it hurts now but I don't know if it's psychosomatic pain;)
But.. Could this honestly be from a spider?? Because if so... I am so grossed out.

Re: NBR: Could this be from a spider bite?

• Options
    It's really hard to tell from the pic. To me it just looks like a bruise. If your really concerned ab it being a spider bite put a circle around it in pen. If it grows bigger then it is now call your doctor. But it doesn't seem to be red. Does it have fever and is is swollen at all?
  • Options
    No, it's not red or anything, just looks like a bruise but there's two little dots in the middle that are kinda red and scabby?
    I was just thinking that maybe a bite would cause a bruise more easily because of pregnancy but I don't know. I had a cold and I had dark circles under my eyes that I was told was caused by congestion/extra blood volume because of pregnancy.

I'm not super concerned, mostly curious ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say as long as it doesn't hurt terribly bad or swell up it's probably okay. But I'm not a Dr!! If it starts to turn really red and puffy or if streaking starts to happen that's when I would be really concerned about it. It could be from a bite just not a dangurous spider. But again I'm not a doctor!! I hope it gets better soon!

I notice I have new bruises on my legs every time I shower. Not sure where they are coming from! They arnt that bad tho. Probably from my iron being low.
  • Options
    If your anemic or otherwise vitamin deficient you can bruise easier. So you may not feel like you hit something hard enough when you did. Do the pen thing to be sure if you're still worried about it though.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

If your anemic or otherwise vitamin deficient you can bruise easier. So you may not feel like you hit something hard enough when you did. Do the pen thing to be sure if you're still worried about it though.

Agreed!!! I would ask your OB to do a blood test to make sure you don't have any vitamin deficiency!
  • Options

Agreed!!! I would ask your OB to do a blood test to make sure you don't have any vitamin deficiency!
    Oh wow, I never thought about that. Thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"