October 2014 Moms

Xp: period?

It feels like I'm getting my period. Ugh. I am 6 weeks pp, and exclusively breastfeeding. DS nurses every 2 to 3 hours, often every 1.5 hours, even in the middle of the night. But i feel crampy, and I'm getting spotting like I typically do at the start of a period. I am surprised (and pissed). With DS I didn't get a period until 16 months pp. I did exercise today - I did the 1st video of the 30 day shred. Could this still be pp bleeding? I really didn't expect a period this soon. Edited: I actually meant to post this in October originally but accidentally posted it in November (hence the cross post).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Xp: period?

• Not sure on what to say about it being possible pp bleeding, but I did want to tell you that with both DS1 and DS2 (EBF) I had AF. So not everyone has the luck of no AF during BF. Hopefully it's just from your work out today.
  • I am also 6 weeks PP and EBF. I started to feel crampy and have some light bleeding about 4 days ago. I wasn't sure if this was more PP bleeding from delivery (which had pretty much stopped 2 or 3 weeks ago) or my period (it's lighter than my period typically is). I went to my 6 week OB appointment yesterday and doc said it appeared to be my period trying to start up :-( I was really looking forward to not having my period at all while breastfeeding, so I am definitely a bit bummed. Hopefully it won't last long for either of us OP.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleyvictoria‌ how long did your bleeding last? Mine has stopped so I'm more confused.

• @mb314‌ it's still going on. It's been about 4 days and it's been pretty light the whole time, but hasn't completely stopped yet.
  • So jealous of everyone and their light period. Started mine on Sunday and feel like I'm bleeding more than after delivery!! I think it's finally wrapping up tho-I didn't need to change my pad every hour yesterday. :-S
  • @jjshreve‌ Are you breastfeeding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"