May 2012 Moms
Options

What do you like to do for alone time?

If it exists....

I have a day off tomorrow and I'm going to go shopping, go see Mockingjay in theater and then come home and do my nails. DH says I'm nuts for going to the movies alone. I've done it a ton of times and I actually like it. What do you do with your alone time?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: What do you like to do for alone time?

• Options
    I'll let you know when I get some lol. Your plans sound great though!
  • Options
    ^^ RIGHT! Lol, my alone time consists of running to the store by myself on my lunch break or some other lunch break errand. Getting my nails and toes done before DS arrives sounds sooooo wonderful though. Maybe next week I'll take a long lunch break and do that! I cannot reach my toes anymore.
    :(  I've never been to a movie alone, but I suppose you don't really talk anyways, so I don't see what the big deal is. Enjoy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alone time, shop alone, or watch once upon a time on the iPad while kids nap and drink coffee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    We are so behind on house projects (repairs, painting, yard work) that I usually spend any "spare" time trying to catch up or clean, but if I had a day to myself - yoga, tv or a movie, and definitely a nap. Maybe working on a long overdue project like organizing photos, etc. It NEVER feels like enough time.
    This is us all the time, but I so rarely get to spend time on ME even when I'm off work because of all of our projects or cleaning, or catching up on work even when I'm not at work. I decided it was time to take a "selfish" day and just do me stuff. I didn't get around to my nails, but I got some Christmas shopping done and the movie was great! :) Feeling recharged and accomplished even though I'm back in my dirty house :P

• Options
    I think I need to get my selfish days in now because we just got 100% confirmation that DH will be leaving for training next year. It'll be half the year, just me and DD since we live so far from family. We knew this was likely coming, but he was sent his deployment letter so it's real now. 

• Options
    Part of the reason I work is for me time.  I get to eat all by myself and nobody is crying at me to do something for them.  My DH is really good about me getting my toes done and sometimes pushes me out the door to go relax.  @Littleredfish (yeah, that didn't work....) you may or may not know but most bases/posts have lots of resources for deployed families through the Family Readiness Centers.  Both AF bases I've had children and deployments at offered free childcare through the Give Parents a Break program. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Personally I don't like being alone, but it is nice once in a while to get all my errands done by myself because it's faster.   TBH I don't mind having ds with me other than the fact that I have a bad back due to pregnancy and it's hard to bring him along.   If I had "alone time" where everyone was still in the house but DH and DS are playing I like to do crafts or read.
  • Options
    @reb84 Ya, our base has that. It's just for a couple of hours here and there while a spouse is on deployment. Mainly for errands or free time. It's definitely going to come in handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"