October 2014 Moms
Options

PW - Sorry... Drinking while BFing

Sorry for being a PW but I'm so rarely on an actual computer I've saved my questions!

Brook is eating about every 1.5 - 2 hours.  I would like to have a drink but am not sure about when to do it so she doesn't get any of the alcohol.  Are her feedings too close together to risk it?  Is one girly beer or glass of wine ok if I drink while or right after feeding her? 

Why can't I make a decision?
Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: PW - Sorry... Drinking while BFing

• Options
    As I sit here sipping the same beer for over 2hrs and BFing, I'm in the camp of one in that time frame is fine. If you're super concerned you can get those test strips. You'll get many many opinions on this.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Enjoy! I've been having some wine with dinner at night and just make sure I drink it during or right after he's feeding. Once I feel sober enough to drive I've been told I'm sober enough to BF.
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Enjoy that vino, ladies (or beer for a nice lil supply boost), in moderation.
    ;)

https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/alcohol/
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was BFing during lunch out with DH and I was drinking a beer. I didn't expect DS to need to be fed during that time. Which was dumb because you should always assume your newborn wants to eat. Waitress gave me the side eye.  Too bad we'd already tipped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"