Baby Names
Options

Girl name poll

starkbaby22starkbaby22 member
edited November 2014 in Baby Names
We don't know the sex of our baby yet, and we actually agree on names for the most part. I'm afraid one of our girl names is going to wind up in the top 10 next year- just from reading posts here! Noel is likely the middle name, and "Noelle" is NMS. We also may give two middle names and the other would be Olive to honor my late grandma. We already have a Bella and a Penelope, and I'm open for suggestions :) Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Girl name poll 165 votes

Carolina
43% 71 votes
Mila
56% 94 votes

Re: Girl name poll

• Options
    starkbaby22starkbaby22 member
    edited November 2014
    I won't spell it "Noelle" no matter how many people tell me "Noel" is masculine. Lol

I don't think anyone sings The First Noel as "the first nole". Not worried about pronunciation- just sayin ;)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Edit: words

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I think Mila Noelle is pretty. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Mila. We live in the Carolinas so it just doesn't quite have the appeal to me.

• Options
    Carolina Noelle (I like the Caro-lee-na pronunciation).
  • Options
    Mila noelle
  • Options
    I like Caroline, but not Carolina so much. Mila is okay, but also NMS.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    I have always thought Noel and Noelle were pronounced the same way. Just out of pure curiosity, how does everyone pronounce them?

• Options
    I like Mila better but voted for Carolina because Mila and Bella are a little matchy for me.

• Options
    Joy2611 said:

I won't spell it "Noelle" no matter how many people tell me "Noel" is masculine. Lol

I don't think anyone sings The First Noel as "the first nole". Not worried about pronunciation- just sayin ;)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Edit: words

Well, aren't you acting arrogant?

Noël is a masculine french word (le Noël) and properly spelled with two dots over the E.

To make Noël feminine in french, you add the -le.

Noel = knoll

Noël = no-el (masculine)

Noelle = no-elle

Noëlle = no-elle (feminine)

Please don't say anything else about how people won't say The First Noël wrong. You sound sorely uneducated and lacking in respect for the french

I clearly stated at the beginning of my post that I wouldn't spell it "Noelle". I understand everyone's statements about it being a masculine name. I wasn't being arrogant. I like it because it's biblical. I know a person named Noelle, and just don't care for her or the spelling. I simply wouldn't spell it that way. I don't see why it's any different than people naming their girls Kyle or Ryan. I truly don't worry about anyone pronouncing it incorrectly or thinking it's too boy like.

I don't think it was necessary to call me uneducated and I wasn't disrespecting anyone. Truly.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Mila Noelle
  • Options
    Oh ok thanks! I had no idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"