TTC After a Loss
Options

***Healthy Living Check In *** 11/23/14

Hi ladies - Sunday check in, let's plan to get the new week off to a great start

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are a group of women striving to live healthier lives, whether that means losing weight, gaining weight, sticking to a specific diet, counting calories, avoiding counting calories, starting to exercise, continuing to exercise or anything in between.

We check in on Mondays and follow up with an accountability on Fridays (our favorite post of the week, because we love encouraging each other and celebrating all our successes!).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Many of us are using MyFitnessPal to keep track of our eating and our exercise. MFP is a great tool to keep yourself accountable, and because it is set up as a social network site, we can cheer you on there as well as here. If you are using MFP and have not found us yet, let us know so we can friend you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Current participants - if I miss you (or if you're new), just jump in ---

@MrsG80inTNMrsKush1014,  @km380@Baby5395, @sunflwra, @Amybunny30@ambmama, @Menrandes, @ashleysheddcherylanddoug@Elliecat17@BLuvsE@furrypawsPowerOfBaconnami97@rmpar29Nikolie93flyoffeve@kittymeowbarkmrskelly731@readinglove , @northernkhaleesi@wonderingwhatmyfutureholds / @ScubaDiva30

So, tell me:

The Good:

The Bad: 

The Proud:

Your Plan:

QOTW: Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? (ok that's not a word but you know what I'm getting at!)

And some inspiration, a little harsh but it spoke to me.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

Re: ***Healthy Living Check In *** 11/23/14

• Options
    @Km380 Hey lady!  How was your weekend?

The Good: Food this weekend has been great!  Actually, right now I am eating my dinner of asparagus, baked cod, and a warm spinach salad.  Yummy.  And when my husband gets home from work we have been doing our situps/pushups! 

The Bad:  We had a grilled cheese and chip night on Friday because the meat for dinner didn't thaw in time. 

The Proud: So we have candy canes in the house to decorate the tree with next week.  I passed by them like 15 times today wanting some, but told myself I didn't need them each and every time.  I also got some Belly Flops (irregular jelly bellies) for my brother for Christmas because I ate them all last time I got them for him.  Anyone remember that?  I sure do.  Anyway, I kind of wanted some today, but managed to have willpower there too!  Woo! 
    \:D/

Your Plan:  Keep on doing what I'm doing I guess.  I'm pretty happy with dinner tonight and I am actually feeling proud of myself.  Also, I can't wait until Christmas when we open our exercise type gifts to ourselves!  Yes, I am waiting that long because I love Christmas morning! 

QOTW: Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? (ok that's not a word but you know what I'm getting at!)
    For Thanksgiving I am the hostess, for Christmas I travel across town to see my family, then come back home and then I host again for his family!
    It's cool though, I love to host. 
    We met in middle school. We got married 15 years later in a February blizzard of 2010. 
    TTC since February 2010
    Diagnosed with Lyme Disease June 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011 Diagnosed with Celiac Disease January 2013
    BFP #1: August 25th 2013 EDD May 4th 2014 SCH MC October 3rd 2013
    BFP #2: February 14th 2014 EDD October 25th 2014 CP February 17th 2014

Naked push-up foreplay pioneer
  • Options
    Menrandes said:

@Km380 Hey lady!  How was your weekend?

The Good: Food this weekend has been great!  Actually, right now I am eating my dinner of asparagus, baked cod, and a warm spinach salad.  Yummy.  And when my husband gets home from work we have been doing our situps/pushups! 

The Bad:  We had a grilled cheese and chip night on Friday because the meat for dinner didn't thaw in time. 

The Proud: So we have candy canes in the house to decorate the tree with next week.  I passed by them like 15 times today wanting some, but told myself I didn't need them each and every time.  I also got some Belly Flops (irregular jelly bellies) for my brother for Christmas because I ate them all last time I got them for him.  Anyone remember that?  I sure do.  Anyway, I kind of wanted some today, but managed to have willpower there too!  Woo! 
    \:D/

Your Plan:  Keep on doing what I'm doing I guess.  I'm pretty happy with dinner tonight and I am actually feeling proud of myself.  Also, I can't wait until Christmas when we open our exercise type gifts to ourselves!  Yes, I am waiting that long because I love Christmas morning! 

QOTW:
    Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? (ok
    that's not a word but you know what I'm getting at!)

For Thanksgiving I am the hostess, for Christmas I travel across town to see my family, then come back home and then I host again for his family!
    It's cool though, I love to host. 

Ooh I do remember the Belly Flop incident. That is fantastic you held out! Stay strong! You should definitely feel proud. More importantly you sound really happy with what you're doing and your plan. That makes it easier to keep up

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

image imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Good: stuck to my diet and exercised 3x last week
    The Bad: weekends are my downfall. We had Mexican and drinks at lunch yesterday and ate the leftovers for dinner last night with more drinks. Ugh
    The Proud: Saturday is my weigh in day and I'm down another 1.6! I am halfway to my goal!
    Your Plan: get to the gym Monday and Tuesday. Eat well everyday and try to not go nuts on thanksgiving

For thanksgiving we will go to my moms an hour away. We would like to host for a change but with everything else I'm just not up for it. Christmas has been planned yet.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    @Km380 another 1.6 pounds?  Woo!  You are zooming through those pounds lady!  Great job. 
    :)
    It's great that you stuck to your diet and exercise plan during the week.  The weekends I think can be hard for everyone!  There is a lot less structure to a weekend day compared to a weekday day, which is typically my problem. 
    We met in middle school. We got married 15 years later in a February blizzard of 2010. 
    TTC since February 2010
    Diagnosed with Lyme Disease June 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011 Diagnosed with Celiac Disease January 2013

• Options
    @furrypaws Great swap!  Eating your feelings rarely works.  I know that one. 
    :(  So very awesome job realizing that!  It sounds like you have a good plan for the week! 
    TTC since February 2010

• Options
    @furrypaws‌ that's a great swap!! That's a good plan for the week! I hope you can get another puppy walk in. I was walking my dog the other night and noticed the street lights in my neighborhood are finally on when I'm out. Less scary for sure.
    So what's the story behind the video?

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    @Km380 Hey lady! Thanks for checking in!
    The good: Sticking to the water!!!
    The bad: still no weight loss, and I caved and ate cookies this weekend.
    The proud: I have been really good with moderation, and I have been serving 2 veggies with dinners now (much to H's chagrin).
    The Plan: Start adding in tracking my food with drinking lots of water.
    Bring on the holidays I am ready!!!

QOTW: I wish I were the hostess. My house however is very small and DH has a big family. So we all go to his sister's for thanksgiving (but we bring parts of the dinner). Christmas we travel to all the houses with kids. But I am hoping to have his parents up on Christmas day. Also I host parties all the time that are smaller then the family.
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Options
    Hi @Km380 - Thanks for the check-in!  Congrats on another 1.6 pounds.  You are doing awesome!

@Menrandes - Great job with the willpower and eating healthy meals.  Keep it up!

@furrypaws - Great job putting the cookie dough back.  Good luck getting your puppy walks in.  What's the story behind the video?

@MrsRed09 - Wow, I'm impressed that you ran after finding out about your loss.  Good job with the weight loss and good luck with your training.

@bluedaisy0627 - Great job with your meal plan even when DH ate out.  That's very impressive!  Good luck exercising at the ILs.

@Elliecat17 - Just keep on keeping and the weight loss will come.  I plateau every couple weeks, but then lose 2 the next week.  Try not to get discouraged.  ((((HUGS)))) 

The Good:  I  got in a great workout this morning.

The Bad: Weekend eating...my downfall.

The Proud:  I've lost a total of 17 lbs since my July loss.

Your Plan:  Get in all of my workouts this week and contain myself on Thanksgiving.

We have Thanksgiving at my aunt's house.  It used to be at my Grandma's, but we outgrew her house.  None of my family travels on Christmas Day, but we get together within a couple days after Christmas at my aunt's.  I'm fine with traveling since it's hard for my Grams to go very far.  All of us bring food so no one is stuck cooking everything.

TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    Hey ladies!  :-h

Welcome to the check in @MrsRed09 :) 

The Good: I continued on with my workouts. I took rest days Friday and Saturday but got up Sunday morning and did the elliptical! That may not seem like a lot but after being at a party all night it was quite the accomplishment for me :) 

The Bad:  I went to two parties this weekend. The one Friday night was horrible, both MH and I got hammered (which it's rare we get drunk together since we are big on not drinking and driving) and I shoved 2 pieces of pizza down my throat at 1am (ok, it may have been 3 but the 3rd piece is a bit fuzzy so it may not have happened lol) The party Saturday night wasn't AS bad but I did eat some stuff I probably shouldn't have (after not eating all day) 

The Proud: I am pretty proud of the workouts I have been getting in and the decrease in cheat meals. The fact I was doing so horrible makes it a bit easier to be doing better though :|

Your Plan: I got Body Pump in! I am excited about that so my plan is to try that today. However, not sure if that will happen because I am getting sick and I have to clean my house to prepare for my mom's arrival tomorrow night. My other plan is to watch what I eat for Thanksgiving. 

QOTW: Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? (ok that's not a word but you know what I'm getting at!) I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house and MH and I are driving to northern VA for 2 weeks for Christmas time! And I say hostess with the mostest all the time so it's  word in my world :D 

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    @MrsRed09 Welcome to the check-in!
    @Nikolie93 Good job keeping up with the workouts even after a night of drinking! 
    @rmpar29 17 pounds??  That's fantastic!
    @Elliecat17 I like filling up half my plate with veggies. It really is a good trick!
    @bluedaisy0627 Nice keep up with your meal plan!  And playing some wii fit games instead of sitting on the couch is great!  I like them, they make things fun.
    TTC since February 2010

• Options
    MrsRed09 said:

Hi! I'm new to this group and would like to join this check-in. I'm trying to lose weight and get to a super healthy weight. I was well on my way until I got pregnant and started eating crap again.

The Good: I stuck to my meal plan this weekend and meal prepped for the whole week, except turkey day, today. It's been 2 weeks since our loss and I've lost the 5 pounds I gained while pregnant.

The Bad: I have barely exercised since I ran a half marathon 2 weeks ago. I need to get back in the habit of working it out everyday.

The Proud: I didn't cry or have a breakdown today while taking pics for our holiday cards. The original plan was to take announcement pics today and I really wanted to cancel, but DH talked me out of it since he knew I would regret not taking holiday pics this year since we have every year we've been married.

Your Plan: get back to what worked before...meal plan & weekly prep of healthy foods with one cheat meal per week if I workout at least 5 days during the week. Also I am going to continue "training" for a race even though I don't have one scheduled. I want to run another half since I had just found out about our loss and the race did not go how I wanted.

QOTW: I am the hostess for thanksgiving and Christmas. I love to cook and being in the kitchen so I don't have to socialize with family. Plus I find I deal with my disrespectful sister a lot less when I cook and "hide" in the kitchen. The holidays are way more enjoyable for me since we took control of being hostess for both families.

Welcome! I will add you to the check in. I'm sorry for your loss
    That's so impressive you not only ran a 1/2 marathon but the timing! I like that you're "training" for another. How do you train for that distance?

I like to hide in the kitchen too if I host. I am anti-open floor plan! Lol

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options

The Good: I ate my meal plan each day, even when DH ate out.

The Bad: I only got two work outs in.

The Proud: While waiting for DH to get up, I did some wii fit games for half an hour instead of just sitting on the couch.

Your Plan: I will plan my meals. I will pack exercise clothes AND use them while at my IL's. I will eat normal portions of food.

We always travel for Christmas. I've worked on Thanksgiving for the last 7 years, so we usually had dinner just the two of us the first day I had off.

Good job sticking to your meal plan. I hope you get a workout in at your IL's!

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options

@Km380 Hey lady! Thanks for checking in!

The good: Sticking to the water!!!
    The bad: still no weight loss, and I caved and ate cookies this weekend.
    The proud: I have been really good with moderation, and I have been serving 2 veggies with dinners now (much to H's chagrin).
    The Plan: Start adding in tracking my food with drinking lots of water.
    Bring on the holidays I am ready!!!

QOTW: I wish I were the hostess. My house however is very small and DH has a big family. So we all go to his sister's for thanksgiving (but we bring parts of the dinner). Christmas we travel to all the houses with kids. But I am hoping to have his parents up on Christmas day. Also I host parties all the time that are smaller then the family.
    Water and veggies are great! I feel like I need to drink more in winter bc everything is so dry.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options

The Good: I have the whole week off work! Started it off right this morning with a 3.3 mile run and will go to the gym for class tonight. It was so humid out this morning I think I was able sweat out a lot of what is left of the cold I had.

The Bad: Made brownies last night. It is ok, though. The trainer at the gym last week told us we needed to train hard because this is an event to eat a lot.

The Proud: DH and I have been good about dinners, which means diet in general as well. A good veggie everyday.

Your Plan: Run as many mornings as I can this week and go to 2 gym classes (Mon. and Wed. since Thurs. they will be closed.).

No travelling. For Thanksgiving it is just going to be DH and I here. That will be nice and peaceful. Christmas will be in town at his parents' house.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    @rmpar29‌ 17 lbs!? =D> Wow.
    Weekend eating (and drinking) is my downfall too

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    Km380Km380 member
    edited November 2014
    Nikolie93 said:

Hey ladies!  :-h

Welcome to the check in @MrsRed09 :) 

The Good: I continued on with my workouts. I took rest days Friday and Saturday but got up Sunday morning and did the elliptical! That may not seem like a lot but after being at a party all night it was quite the accomplishment for me :) 

The Bad:  I went to two parties this weekend. The one Friday night was horrible, both MH and I got hammered (which it's rare we get drunk together since we are big on not drinking and driving) and I shoved 2 pieces of pizza down my throat at 1am (ok, it may have been 3 but the 3rd piece is a bit fuzzy so it may not have happened lol) The party Saturday night wasn't AS bad but I did eat some stuff I probably shouldn't have (after not eating all day) 

The Proud: I am pretty proud of the workouts I have been getting in and the decrease in cheat meals. The fact I was doing so horrible makes it a bit easier to be doing better though :|

Your Plan: I got Body Pump in! I am excited about that so my plan is to try that today. However, not sure if that will happen because I am getting sick and I have to clean my house to prepare for my mom's arrival tomorrow night. My other plan is to watch what I eat for Thanksgiving. 

QOTW: Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? (ok that's not a word but you know what I'm getting at!) I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house and MH and I are driving to northern VA for 2 weeks for Christmas time! And I say hostess with the mostest all the time so it's  word in my world :D 

I impressed you worked out Sunday morning. Neither of you drove though right!?
    Hope you don't get sick and get to try body pump

Eta grammar

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    flyoffeve said:

The Good: I have the whole week off work! Started it off right this morning with a 3.3 mile run and will go to the gym for class tonight. It was so humid out this morning I think I was able sweat out a lot of what is left of the cold I had.

The Bad: Made brownies last night. It is ok, though. The trainer at the gym last week told us we needed to train hard because this is an event to eat a lot.

The Proud: DH and I have been good about dinners, which means diet in general as well. A good veggie everyday.

Your Plan: Run as many mornings as I can this week and go to 2 gym classes (Mon. and Wed. since Thurs. they will be closed.).

No travelling. For Thanksgiving it is just going to be DH and I here. That will be nice and peaceful. Christmas will be in town at his parents' house.

A week off! Enjoy! You're already off to a great start I hope you can get more runs in

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    @rmpar29 Congrats on the 17lbs, that's so awesome!! 

@flyoffeve Enjoy your week off and good for you getting up and running! I am horrible at working out during my days off. I would think it would be easier :( 

@km380 No, we didn't have to drive, that's the only reason we both drank :D My neighbors invited us over and they live just a couple of doors down so it was just a short, drunken swagger walk away 

@readinglove you may beat me with trying Body Pump first. This sickness I have got really bad, really fast. I have already lost my voice! 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    @PowerOfBacon Does he like salmon? I like to put a tiny bit of butter, salt, and pepper on it and drizzle with lemon juice, wrap in foil and bake it.  It's AHHHHMAZING.  Salmon is probably healthier than cod anyway. 
    :D

TTC since February 2010

• Options
    @PowerOfBacon‌ I have definitely used all the points. I went negative that week. It's ok if it's just one week. Great job getting right back to it the next day! Your plan for the week sounds like mine. We can do this!

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options

Hi ladies! Doing a bit of a P&R this morning...hoping to be back later tonight. :)

The Good: Ummm...great question. 

The Bad: No running happened. At all. Trying to avoid an oncoming cold, poor weather, blah blah blah.

The Proud: Ha. I've got nothing.

The Plan: I ordered Les Mills' Pump! So excited to try it! Turkey Trot 5 mile run (okay...it's probably going to be a wog - walk/jog) Thursday! Yay! Life! Moving!

QOTW: We travel. Spending time with my family Thursday-Saturday morning. I take food with - pies this year!
    Hope you don't get sick! Oncoming colds definitely derail exercise, sorry you're not feeling well.
    "Wog" love it! Lol. A wog is still better than nothing

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options

@Km380, we sure can!

Do you use the active link?  They mailed me the new one when I signed up for WW again.  I learned last week that I cannot wear it on my wrist.  When I clip it on my bra, I just barely make my base line.  If I wear it on my wrist, I apparently earn 30 activity points a week.  I mean, I know I talk with my hands, but I didn't realize I was THAT bad.

Ha! I don't have that. You must do a lot of arm waving! I do give myself an activity point for dtd though ;)

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    @powerofbacon the fuzzy piece of pizza definitely didn't count :D 

I also like your plan for this week and that's pretty much how I will do it. I refuse to lie to myself and say I am not going to eat all the mashed taters, turkey, ham, stuffing, and all the other goodies. 

What I am going to do is get a small plate instead of a huge one. One of my biggest issues is always filling the plate, regardless of how big it is. 

• Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

The Good: I followed my strict diet this week. It was a version of the Atkins diet. I don't even know what that means, however I did not break at all which is amazing. 

The Bad: My "cheat" day was bad and I gained back all the weight I lost during the week  X_X   Who knew 6 beers, tequila shots, and ice cream is a huge NO NO?
    And...guess who just lost their "cheat" day privileges :\">

The Proud: Started parking my car further away. I also lost body fat....yay!!!

Your Plan: Back on the strict diet this week however my "cheat" day is now called my "balance" day and will be monitored closely. I also set an alarm on my phone to go off every hour at work so I can get up and either do 25 squats or 10 walking lunges. It has only been about 6 hours and I am ready to throw this phone out the window. So we shall see...

QOTW: Definitely travel. Eat and then leave...I am horrible X_X

@Menrandes  -- good job on eating such healthy food!!

@Km380 – yay for another pound gone! Keep it up!

@furrypaws – I just had a very clear image of Toll House Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough =P~ Good job on making a good choice!!

@MrsRed09  -  Welcome to the check-in! GL with the workouts!

@bluedaisy0627 – great job for being active!!!

@Elliecat17  -- Good luck with the tracking.

@rmpar29  -- WOW 17lbs… go girl!!!!!

@Nikolie93 ---good for you for getting in your workouts!!!

@flyoffeve – are you a real person?  3+ mile run AND a workout =D>

@readinglove  -- GL at the Turkey Trot!!

@PowerOfBacon – GL to sticking to the plan!!

Yelena + Rubere Married: 05/13/2011
    TTC since 2012
    BFP#1EDD: 06/21/2014  ~  TFMR --Holoprosencephaly 
    Said goodbye on 2/10/2014 at 21 weeks. We miss our baby girl "J"
    My Chart image
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    imageimage
    imageimageimage      
  • Options
    @kittymeowbark I think your cheat day needs to pulled back a bit :D having said that I like your style!
    Seriously though good job getting back to the diet. Your plan sounds um intense. That's a lot of squats a day. GL!

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    @kittymeowbark I like the idea of the cheat day being called the balance day! However, I think your cheat meal seemed very worth it. (how supportive is that!? haha)

I've never broken my squats up like that during the day. Is that going to be on top of a work out or will that be considered your work out?

• Options
    @Km380 -- lol...yeah I apparently need to be closely monitored. My nutritionist was not happy :))

@Nikolie93 -- The squats or lunges are the workout. Since I have finals coming up in two weeks, I just have no time to go to a gym. This way I am still active and able to do what needs to get done. I hope to be back in the gym by end of December....just in time for all the new year resolution people 8-|
    TTC since 2012
    My Chart image
    imageimage
    imageimageimage      
  • Options
    @furrypaws  -- I am with you!!!....The struggle is real...lol
    TTC since 2012
    My Chart image
    imageimage
    imageimageimage      
  • Options

@Km380 Grats on another 1.6 down.

@rmpar29 Grats on the 17 off! =D>

@Nikolie93 I hope your cold goes away quickly. Stupid weather going cold and then hot so fast is to blame.

@Menrandes Oh the anticipation until your Christmas gift. Good job with self-control by the treats.

@furrypaws Yay puppy walks!

@MrsRed09 Your plan to train like a race is coming up sounds great!

@Elliecat17 Nice job sticking to water. That is so important (I need to do that more).

@readinglove I hope you have fun at the Turkey trot! Wog it up!

@PowerofBacon Your tracking with WW points sound great! Balance day sounds good. It may also be to have a cheat meal or treat instead of "day."

@kittymeowbark Good job parking your car farther away. I do that, too!

Yes, I am a real person, just a little crazy. I need to double up today with the run in the morning and gym class in a few minutes. I am going for drinks with a friend tonight. She is having a rough time at work and needs all the rum.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    @furrypaws, it's like you're in my head. I can't really swallow due to my swollen throat so I had to eat grits for lunch but I have a feeling if I really, REALLY, tried I could shove a cookie or 5 down there!

@kittymeowbark that is awesome that you are still doing something! It would be easy to use finals as an excuse :)

Thanks @flyoffeve‌ . I'm a bit frustrated. I got much worse as the day went on and I can't even think about working out.

It's weird, it seems like I get sick everytime I get into a good workout routine. Grrrrr

• Options

The Good: I have been keeping up on my grocery shopping. 

The Bad: I didn't cook last night, so had no left overs for today. Ended up eating a whole burrito bowl form Chipotle- seriously it's my weakness. I also only got one work out in this week and that was volleyball.  I also had way too 

The Proud: I'm not really sure what I'm proud of this week. I have all these plans and then I just fail to follow through. I was planning on going to my body pump class tomorrow morning, but now I have a dentist appt (cavities boo) in the afternoon so going into work late is not an option. So does that make my proud that I had a plan? 

Your Plan: This week I'm going to focus on moderation. With the Holiday's and all. I kind of luck out being a vegetarian really cuts down on the amount of food I eat compared to others. I don' feel like I need to try all of the dishes because a lot of them I can't. 

QOTW: Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? We travel for the holidays, and we travel a lot. For Thanksgiving we are lucky though and are only going to my parents, a 2.5 hour drive. Christmas though is crazy- we drive somewhere almost every weekend in December. 

Me: 30, DH: 30. Dating since 2007- Married: 5/18/13. 
    BFP: 9/3/14, Found out we had triplets 10/10/14,  EDD: 5/14/15, Confirmed MMC: 10/14/14. D&C: 10/16/14.
    Formerly TashaCN and wonderigwhatmyfutureholds

All AL welcome. 
  • Options
    @scubadiva30‌ ...Chipotle =P~ On a good note you saved a ton of calories by betting the bowl and not the tortilla!

What helped me stay more on track a while back was to create a checklist of my plans to workout for the week. As I did one I would cross it off the list, if I missed it, I would highlight it. I have a personality where I can't stand not checking things off a list. Some people don't give a damn about that so in those cases it won't work :(

If you do it, make sure you have set realistic goals for yourself or you will get frustrated if you don't cross alot off each week. Every 2-3 weeks add a little more to the list.

• Options
    Km380Km380 member
    edited November 2014

The Good: I have been keeping up on my grocery shopping. 

The Bad: I didn't cook last night, so had no left overs for today. Ended up eating a whole burrito bowl form Chipotle- seriously it's my weakness. I also only got one work out in this week and that was volleyball.  I also had way too 

The Proud: I'm not really sure what I'm proud of this week. I have all these plans and then I just fail to follow through. I was planning on going to my body pump class tomorrow morning, but now I have a dentist appt (cavities boo) in the afternoon so going into work late is not an option. So does that make my proud that I had a plan? 

Your Plan: This week I'm going to focus on moderation. With the Holiday's and all. I kind of luck out being a vegetarian really cuts down on the amount of food I eat compared to others. I don' feel like I need to try all of the dishes because a lot of them I can't. 

QOTW: Do you travel for holidays or are you the hostess with the mostest? We travel for the holidays, and we travel a lot. For Thanksgiving we are lucky though and are only going to my parents, a 2.5 hour drive. Christmas though is crazy- we drive somewhere almost every weekend in December. 

I think you should be proud of having a plan. The dentist just got in the way. So next week your plan will work! I also think setting small goals is so so important so you don't feel like you are failing. Change 1 small thing at a time, make it habit, change the next thing.

ETA - apparently @Nikolie93 is in my head!! And she's right about the bowl too.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    The good: I finally found a company to ship a treadmill, and it should be here sometime this week. I also have gotten out for a few walks this week, and hit my 10k step goal on those days.

The bad: Nighttime snacking. I'm still doing more of that than I'd like. I got back into that habit this summer when I was pregnant and needed the extra snack, but since my loss I haven't stopped. I'm getting better, but still not great. My head knows it's just a habit.

The proud: Getting out in -15 this weekend. I really wanted to stay wrapped up on the couch, but instead I did just over 3km instead. I should be able to break out the skis and snowshoes soon.

The plan: Treadmill assembly, major house clean (it will count as a workout because there will be definite furniture assembly and movement, and since I'm down to my last paper this semester, I will be able to do yoga at least twice this week!

(now I need to go back and read about everyone else's week)

• Options
    @northernkhaleesi Awesome that you have the treadmill coming! 

And I have no idea how you got out in -15 weather, that should be bonus points for calorie loss! 

What nighttime snacks do you find yourself eating?

• Options

@Km380 - Yay for the loss! Your goal is in sight!

@Nikolie93  - being sick is the worst. Take care of yourself. "Tis the season.

@Menrandes - awesome job on the self control. I need more of that!

@furrypaws - my dogs miss walks too. I walked home from work yesterday at 4pm and it was almost dark. We're back to walking on the weekends, and I miss it as much as they do (even if I grumble about the pooper-scoopering)

@MrsRed09 Welcome! 

@readinglove Good luck with your run!

• Options
    Nikolie93 said:
    @northernkhaleesi Awesome that you have the treadmill coming! 

And I have no idea how you got out in -15 weather, that should be bonus points for calorie loss! 

What nighttime snacks do you find yourself eating?
    It hasn't even gotten cold yet - lol. Last year I walked in everything to -43 below. DH is buying me a Canada Goose jacket for Christmas, so I can do even more walking this year. I guess I walked about 2 miles outside most days last winter.

Nighttime snacking is usually a small bowl of popcorn (I have a microwave air popper, best money I ever spent), or lately it's been chips. I go months and months without ever wanting chips, but the last few weeks have been potato chip time in my world.
  • Options
    Nikolie93Nikolie93 member
    edited November 2014
    ummm....you just put me to shame. I won't go for a walk here in Florida if it's 50  ^#(^

I love popcorn as a snack! I get into these habits. When I was pregnant I got into a habit of eating cereal every night before bed which is horrible because of all the sugars :( 

They do say eating a little something as a snack is good because it helps keeps your metabolism working a bit throughout the night. Of course they don't recommend carbs and stuff :( Some nuts or, my favorite, is a rice cake (they are low carb) with a thin layer of peanut butter on it. 

Lately I have been trying to make protein shakes but sometimes that just doesn't cut if for me. 

EDIT: I have no idea what that smilie is supposed to be haha

• Options

The good: I finally found a company to ship a treadmill, and it should be here sometime this week. I also have gotten out for a few walks this week, and hit my 10k step goal on those days.

The bad: Nighttime snacking. I'm still doing more of that than I'd like. I got back into that habit this summer when I was pregnant and needed the extra snack, but since my loss I haven't stopped. I'm getting better, but still not great. My head knows it's just a habit.

The proud: Getting out in -15 this weekend. I really wanted to stay wrapped up on the couch, but instead I did just over 3km instead. I should be able to break out the skis and snowshoes soon.

The plan: Treadmill assembly, major house clean (it will count as a workout because there will be definite furniture assembly and movement, and since I'm down to my last paper this semester, I will be able to do yoga at least twice this week!

(now I need to go back and read about everyone else's week)

I can't believe you got out in -15! You get bonus points for that. I'm glad your treadmill will be coming soon. Cleaning can def be a workout. Gl with your last paper!

Snacking- are you adding tons of butter and salt to your popcorn? If you're using an air popper and not adding salt and butter (ok maybe a little butter) popcorn actually isn't a bad snack. Just don't eat a ton, a serving is a cup which doesn't sound like much but usually is enough for my snack craving. Microwave popcorn - not a good snack.
    It takes 2 weeks for your body to change habits so give it time.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"