May 2014 Moms
Options

Diaper Rash Need help ASAP!

DD has a horrible diaper rash right now. I change her frequently but she pooped 6 times today and each change it was worse. I've let her air out for 30 mins twice today and I've covered her butt in destin. I just don't know what else to do. It is now causing her pain where she won't even let me wipe her without her screaming bloody murder. I tried to give her a bath but she screamed the entire time. I'm at a loss here. Should I contact her doctor? FTM and first bad rash! HELP!!
BabyName Ticker

Re: Diaper Rash Need help ASAP!

• Options
    If you have any coconut oil try using that.  A+D or Butt Paste can also help.  This is what I use on DD bottom when she gets a rash.  It clears it up very quickly.  

Good luck, and I hope your DD feels better soon.  
  • Options
    LO had a small case of it and my mother told me to put some baking soda in his bath. Then I applied butt paste and it cleared up in no time. I haven't had a problem since and I put it in his bath every time. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Desitin usually helps quickly when DD gets a rash. I would probably call the dr if nothing is helping.
  • Options

I'd ask the pedi about yeast.  If it's not getting better quickly with air and zinc oxide yeast is my guess.

This.

Also, wipes may be irritating her skin now that she has the rash. Maybe use plain water or try one of the mild homemade wipe options?
  • Options
    She's had a yeast infection before (2months old) I still have the powder they prescribed, it's not helping. When she had the yeast she had red bumps. This is like the top layer of skin is off, red, and painful.

I'm using cotton balls with and vaseline now. I read it online.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Our DD had a similar sounding rash all of a sudden, kept looking worse every time we changed her. It ended up being the diapers, her skin just all of a sudden did not like pampers. The sensitive ones at that! Hubby made a late night run to the store, got some luvs and by morning it looked a lot better, then one day later it was gone.
  • Options
    I second checking if it's yeast. For us when DD had a yeast infection it was typically red bumps like PP said. I used lotrimin (jock itch cream) when I thought it was yeast and it always cleared up quickly.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If there's open areas, if the skin is peeling off, or if the rash extends beyond the diaper area, definitely call your pedi. Try a baking soda bath and letting her air out as much as possible in the mean time.
  • Options
    Ds1 had staph. Check for yellow crust in addition to the red bumps (yeast)

+2 or whatever the zinc oxide.

Also try using the bottle you received from the hospital used to rinse you to rinse her bottom. Better than a bath, quick and probably would hurt less.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    Destin and wet wash clothes instead of wipes until it clears works for us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Plenty of advice already given just wanted to say good luck, sounds terrible! Hope you figure something out soon!
  • Options
    Water wipes

Then mix maalox, zinc cream, and aquaphor. Apply after every diaper change. In case there is yeast apply lotrimin cream morning and night.

My guy had a new butt in about 12 hours

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I gave her a baking soda bath and it helped a lot but then got worse again. I called her Pedi this morning and we are getting two types of creams prescribed. Hopefully this will knock it out.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    @aimeefarrahfowler‌ I haven't seen a difference with the really bad part. And it's now looking like more of a rash or reaction to it is spreading throughout the diaper area. I'm going to call and see if I can bring her in. They prescribed two different things so I need to call and make sure I'm using then right.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Poor baby! Hope you figure out the problem soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"