Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Should I have hope?

Hello, I am supposed to be 10 wks along and just saw my OBGYN for the first time on Wednesday. My last pregnancy was a missed miscarriage. I keep reading that these are rare. This was a year ago, went in for my 2nd visit at 9 wks. The dc didn't see at hb and the fetus was the size of 7wks. On the first app he had told he did see one. I was shocked! It was my fourth pregnancy and my first miscarriage. So anyway, now on Wednesday I had an ultrasound done and he couldn't find a heartbeat. When he told me this I was numb. He sent me to the lab to check my hcg levels n I need to go again next Wednesday. I get to see him again until Friday. He made it seem like maybe the fetus is too small. Today is Friday and so many thoughts have come into my head since then. I was kind of prepared for this since it happened before, so it wasn't as hard as first. But now thinking about what he said, should I be getting my hopes up? Is that even possible, to miraculously find a hb next time? I reall hate waiting!!! And to make things worse next week is Thanksgiving, I really don't want to spend time with my family. Trying to act normal. Sorry it's so much, but I know that out of all you ladies there has to b someone that understand. Or even did have a happy ending... That they DID see a hb the second time when they couldn't the first time. Thank you for taking the time to read this and maybe even respond.

Re: Should I have hope?

• Missed miscarriages aren't all that uncommon. If I'm understanding you correctly and they saw a heartbeat the first time but not most recently, that's pretty cut and dry. If they didn't find a heartbeat when you should be 10 weeks, that's not good either unless you're dates are off by more than 3 weeks. A heartbeat should be seen between 6-7 weeks.

I'm really sorry, but I don't think getting your hopes up is going to do you any good at this point.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Missed miscarriages aren't uncommon at all.
    I'm hoping for the best, for you!!!
  • I agree with KingLED but wanted to say I'm sorry you're having to wait. The waiting part sucks.

Good luck *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Soo I finally know. Another missed miscarriage... So many mixed emotions. But now my CPSP nurse lady made me realize something. That maybe there is something causing this. My health. My OBGYN hasn't mentioned anything about this, but then again he just sees me like once a year and when I actually do I spend more time waiting to be seen than talking to him. He never sent me for my panel. And now I'm supposed to be 12wks! Well anyways, I know I had a mm because he did sent me for a hcg level count which are coming down.
  • I'm sorry it ended up being a MC. *hug* You should really find out what's going on if they mentioned your health. Good luck!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• So sorry to hear it was a miscarriage :-( Hugs to you!
  • I'm so sorry, @Yeritzi what a difficult journey you are having.
  • So sorry for your loss. Xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"