Multiples

just curious

it seems like every time there is a post about strollers, most like the side by side ones. those seem like they would be more of a pain than the tandem because they take up alot of room at stores etc.. am i missing something?!!
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: just curious

• I don't have experience with the tandem (still in utero) but my concern with them was ease of turning, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The vast majority of SBS strollers are ADA width, so they will fit anywhere that is wheelchair accessible.

The issue w tandem is that they can be long, which limits their turning and maneuverability.

• Loading the player...
  • I use my double snap n go almost every day and it's been great for errands. But at almost 6 months it's getting heavy and hard to turn.

But I do have similar concerns about the side by side strollers. I have one but haven't used it yet. It does seem big knowing how the stores are that I go to all the time.

What tandem strollers are people using that are good for running errands?

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Also, we don't use a stroller regularly. Most places we go have double carts and if not, I'll wear one and push one or we go as a family and use 2 carts. We also have a wagon and use that a decent amount.

I know lots of people use strollers on the reg, but we just don't.

• my problem with the tandem strollers is the length when folded.... they won't fit in my wee little car. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I have both and up until a few weeks ago I would only use my side by side umbrella stroller for walks around the neighborhood because it is a little trickier in stores. Especially if you have to open the doors by yourself. My barely fits through a doorway. You have to line it up just right. So I usually use my tandem because it is a lot easier to maneuver I think. Also my boys are still in their infant seats so sometimes it's easier to just take them from the car and click them in. Now that we are getting them convertible car seats soon we will probably use the side by side more often. I do like being able to see both babies at one time in the side by side because in the tandem you can't see the baby in the front of the stroller without having to peek around. Both are good for different things though!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have tried both (though more with my older two than my twins) and find the SBS lighter and easier to turn.  It also fit in my trunk better.  I did not find many problems getting my SBS through doors; but I so far use my SBS more outside and my Joovy Roo inside for the twins.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I got one of each. My husband hates to see side by side in stores coming at him, getting in his way.... but we found an umbrella style that folds down so easy to transport and I agree it's ADA sized, so not overly wide. Im sure the in line snap in style will be good, but only if my hubby drives his SUV and is along to transfer seats. Will be nice not to take babies out of car seats while they are infants, just snap them into stroller frame! :-)

FTM, no actual experience yet... al supposition at this point :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Double strollers, sbs or tandem, are a pita. That said, we have a sbs jogger and sbs umbrella. Both steer way better than our tandem dsng which we recently outgrew.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our side by side (Mountain buggy) turns and steers great and fits through all standard doorways. I only use it in the neighborhood and places like the grocery store where the aisles are wide. On the rare occasions I've taken it inside a clothing store it has been a pain because it doesn't fit nicely between clothing racks, but I don't do that type of shopping much anyway. If I do I usually go with someone and we wear the babies.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I hate SBS strollers. They are almost always bulky unless you avoid the jogging styles, and even when they are lightweight and easier to pack up in a car, they are still a pain in the ass to go through doorways with. We have the Graco DuoGlider - it is a little long, but really easy to maneuver and pack up. We've also used tandem Baby Trends and Chicco and they are great, too. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• I like that with SBS there's not a 'better' seat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"