Success after IF
Options

Bedtime routine

S is 19 months now and I'm struggling a bit with our nighttime routine. We went on vacation a couple weeks ago and she wouldn't go down so I had to rock her to sleep. Now that we are back I had back surgery and can't lift her, so DH is putting her in my lap for me to rock to sleep. We tried to CIO again (pre-vacation she CIO'd) but she gets so upset she makes herself sick. I know there's some changes I need to make now. So just thought I'd see what our routine should be. We do bath, then read books while she drinks a milk sippy.

What should I be doing, oh wise mommas?!
MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedtime routine

• Options
    We do bath, diaper and pjs, 2 books, a prayer, twinkle twinkle, the lay her in her bed, hand her a teddy, cover with a blanket, pay her head, and say night night sweet dreams love you.
    If we miss any single step of the routine, it's all over.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We've never really done a routine per say. We usually bathe him after we eat, play for another hour or so, then we change him and start settling him. Used to, he would let us rock him but we never rocked to sleep or even to drowsiness, we just spent a couple of quiet minutes together. Now he doesn't want to rock so we just lay him down with his blanket and leave the room. Some nights he cries for no more than 5 minutes, others he doesn't make a sound. We have a really laid back kid though, nothing phases him.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ruthie04Ruthie04 member
    edited November 2014
    We do something similar to @Ducky719‌. Bath every other night, pj's overnight diaper, snuggles/quiet time on the couch with a straw cup of milk and PBS kids, brush teeth (wash faces on non-bath nights), read a couple stories of their choosing and the same bedtime book, lights out, prayers, hugs, lay them down with their stuffed monkey/lovey/pillow/blanket and walk out while telling them we love them. One of the boys would fuss on and off when we left the room, but I spent some time telling them about the monitor and how I watch them on the camera. Now, they talk about mommy watching them when I leave the room and never fuss.

We haven't rocked to sleep since the newborn days and have never given milk in their room, so they don't know any different. This has pretty much been our routine since 4 mos (without tv watching and less stories). We did get in a habit of me staying in the room on the floor until they went to sleep during a recent vacation. But, the whole monitor explanation thing kinda nipped that in the bud.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    Bath, pjs. 3-5 books, lullaby, hug good night, into crib. Usually fusses for 10min or less. Last 2 nights has screamed for 2-3h. We think it is separation anxiety after I wasnt home for breakfast on thurs morning. Fell asleep right away tonight though. Prior 2 nights he either cio or DH sang him to sleep after I broke him by picking him up earlier on. Key is for us to NOT pick him up. It just prolongs the agony. Only time I should pick him up after he goes down at 8 is if he puked or pooped everywhere and I needed to change him or the bedding...note, this has never happened. If he needs advil for his teeth at 3am he sits in the crib and I lean over for him to drink it. Sounds to me like now is a good time to try to break the rocking habit if you want to. But crying to puking isn't fun. Gl
  • Options
    We had something similar happen to us after a vacation. Hannah reverted to some old bad sleep habits. We also tried CIO and it did not work. So we went for a more gentle CIO method. It involves sitting in a chair beside the crib until they fall asleep, then ever other day move the chair till eventually you are outside of the room. It took us about a week and a half but she is back to her old wonderful sleep routine. Our routine is:

Diaper change, pj's on. We sing her good night song, read her good night book. Say prayers and then go to bed. But recently we have been asking her, are you ready for bed, and if she says ya (which she will when she is ready) we put her in her crib, put a blanket on, rub her back and she is golden. Now if she says no to that response, we sing the song again, snuggle for a bit and that seems to do the trick. But we find that if she is telling us she is ready for bed she goes down much better.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm no help, we still rock our almost two year old baby girl to sleep. I am having her little brother tomorrow and we don't have a solution yet! I just can't stop... She likes it and it only takes her about ten minutes to fall asleep.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• Options
    We do pretty much the same thing but our routine has been the same since our lo was 8 months. We bathe, pjs and night diaper, no longer sippy with book, give paci, turn on sleep sheep and walk out the room. I do this for our other lo as well. I would keep trying CIO if she doesn't get worked up to being sick. And hopefully night after night it will get a little better. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"