Stay at Home Moms
Options

So when are you putting your Christmas tree up?

We were thinking about this weekend but I am going to wait until next weekend. DD is already asking everyday when is Christmas? I am hoping to hold out until December. When is everyone putting theirs up? Real or fake?

Re: So when are you putting your Christmas tree up?

• Options
    I always put mine up the day after thanksgiving. I get a real tree.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well I usually wait till after Thanksgiving but I just bought a new tree Wednesday. My son was so excited so we started putting it up tonight. We still need to drag everything down from the attic. Thank god for shatterproof ornaments. Ds & dd have already dropped, thrown & tried eating the ornaments.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine will go up Sunday after Thanksgiving, I would put it up a little sooner but my parents are snowbirds who make it down to Tampa in early January, and we always celebrate Christmas at that point, so mine stays up so late, I can't bear to also put it up early.
  • Options
    We get a real tree. I am hoping for the weekend of Dec. 5/6 but depends on DH's work schedule. Might have to be pushed back a bit. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We will put them up the day after thanksgiving.  My DH is getting the boxes out of the garage attic this weekend.  We have 3 fake trees- only the 4 ft one is prelit.  Yes I am nuts. We will also try to get the outside lights out too- unless the rain/ice/snow is still going on.
  • Options
    Weekend after Thanksgiving...although DS was ready to put it up last week.

• Options
    We are pulling everything down this weekend, so I can go through and cull.  We will put everything up on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  

We have a fake tree because living in FL, we can only get one or two choices in trees and no matter what the tree people say, they are never fresh cut and literally lose 1/3 of their needles during the unpacking process.  

I cannot wait to move out of this place. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    I usually wait until the day after thanksgiving but I put ours and LOs kid tree up already because I was so excited to see his reaction since he was just born last Christmas. Our main tree is fake and I do the lights. LOs tree is a prelit fake.

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Usually after Thanksgiving but SO wants a real tree which will be a first with baby and beagle so I'll be putting it off until closer to Christmas.
  • Options
    We usually wait till Thanksgiving but we are doing it this weekend. We have two sets of parents visiting , not consecutively, so no time to do it next week.
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We put ours up last weekend.  We are always away from home beginning about a week before Christmas so we don't get to enjoy it that long if we wait til Thanksgiving.  Plus, my in laws were here and are so incredibly helpful that I took advantage of their help.  We have a fake pre-lit tree.  We won't put any of our porch decorations up until after Thanksgiving.  
  • Options
    We are usually out of town for most of December visiting our families for the holidays. We are going to WDW this year with DH's family, but it's the first year since C was born that we will actually be home the majority of the month. DH really wants to get a tree this year and is a firm believer in only having a "real" one. The jury is still out. I really don't want to come home from a 6 day vacation to a dead tree, but I am excited at the prospect of having our own.

C 1/25/09
    H 2/8/14

• Options
    Sunday after thanksgiving. We get a real tree.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ours went up on the 2nd.
  • Options
    Fake that will go up this coming Sunday. I miss having a real tree. Hopefully when we build our house we will go back to getting a real one.

• Options
    Sunday after Thanksgiving and we have a fake tree.  
  • Options
    Tonight!!  We have done it on the 1s of December since I can remember.  For the last two years we have always been away for the first two weeks of December.  This year we are home for the first two weeks, but then leaving on Christmas Holidays for a month.  I woke up yesterday and decided that tomorrow we were putting the tree up.
  • Options
    We always go to a lot and pick out a real tree the day after Thanksgiving so we have the 3-day weekend to decorate it. :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    Usually thanksgiving night or next day, but with contractions I think tomorrow with my sister's help:)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Given that I married Mr. Scrooge (did NOT know this before we married) - as soon as I can reasonably put it up by myself...  DH just exudes the holiday spirit for about 30 minutes on Christmas Day IF we're lucky - I'm tired of having so many years of putting it up either the day before or the day AFTER Christmas because of waiting for him to be ready.  This year I'm bound and determined that the thing is going up next week whether he likes it or not then going down in early January.  I'm also determined this year to do the whole Christmas Cookie thing with the kids.  I've had far too many years of having to stow it on my Christmas spirit that "DARN" it - we're going to enjoy Christmas this year!!!  The latest the tree can go up is the 6th for St. Nick's day...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We usually do the weekend right after Thanksgiving but my brother will be here so we will probably do it the following weekend. And we get a real one. I cannot wait to take LOs pics in front of it this year!!

• Options
    hillgirl322hillgirl322 member
    edited November 2014
    Hopefully this weekend!! Last year we kept putting it off and the tree and decorations didn't end up going up until the weekend before Christmas. Trying to be on top of it this year.
  • Options
    Maybe this weekend. We go out to a local farm and cut it ourselves. If not this weekend, definitely next. Always a real tree. I could never go fake
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    We used to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving, but with DS having a holiday birthday, we might wait until after his party on Dec. 13.  Our place is small and it just seems like having that many kids and a tree is just asking for a problem.  Not sure yet though!
  • Options
    Ilumine said:

We are pulling everything down this weekend, so I can go through and cull.  We will put everything up on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  

We have a fake tree because living in FL, we can only get one or two choices in trees and no matter what the tree people say, they are never fresh cut and literally lose 1/3 of their needles during the unpacking process.  

I cannot wait to move out of this place. 
    I lived in FL for two years before moving to SC this year. I was SO HAPPY to leave. It's just not for me.

I never put my tree up before Thanksgiving. I would like to set ours up this weekend but we are both sick so we shall see. We have a fake one but I'd really like to go back to getting a real one. I miss it.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    We always go cut down our tree the day after Thanksgiving.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"