February 2014 Moms
Options

Let's talk naps!

sjissjis member
edited November 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Hi. I'm somewhat of a lurker here. FTM to a 91/2 month old.
For the past two weeks, LO has sometimes been wanting to drop her morning nap and then take a long midday (11:30-1:30/2) nap. Other times, it's two naps a day, morning (8-9) and afternoon (1ish to 2:30). Is she still too young to drop that morning nap?

I'm going a little crazy trying to figure out this new nap stage! She's an early bird and wakes at 5:30 and will begin to rub her eyes and yawn for her morning nap. I try to put her down but it ends with her in tears not wanting to sleep. Is anyone else experiencing this?

What are your nap schedules like?

Re: Let's talk naps!

• Options
    I'd follow her lead. Normally they drop down to one nap around age 1 but if she's taking a 2 and a half hour nap I would go with it.

My guy takes two 20 minute naps a day if I'm lucky! 
  • Options
    I mean, you can't force them to sleep. We're at two to three naps a day, ranging from 20mins to 3 hours.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    carleys said:

Mmm I'd love a nap

+1
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We are right there with you!

Typically DS does about an hour nap around 8:30/9:00 and an hour and a half around 1:00.

We have now been having random (but more frequent) days where he is only taking one nap. Bad part is, his one nap isn't longer to make up for the missed one so we only get about an hour total those days. I can definitely see the difference in his mood when he just has one so I'm not ready to give up on trying for two!
  • Options
    DS still does 3 naps. I don't think he's ready to drop his third one. But he's never been a great sleeper. Most days nap 1 &3 are 1 hour max, and the middle one is about 90 minutes. We've tried stretching out time but it doesn't help. So we plan to stick with 3 despite the inconvenience and just wait for him to lead us on when to drop a nap. 
  • Options
    My DD didn't drop her morning nap until 18 months, so I wouldn't give up on my son's at this age. He's on a consistent schedule now - he naps from 9-10 am and 1-3 pm (wakes around 6:30 am and bed around 7:45 am). Good luck!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Most days, my LO is down to 2 naps.  The first begins 9-9:30 and then second 2-2:30.  However, there are times he skips a nap.  Today we had church so I just put him down for a midday nap around 12.  I think every baby is different and the most important thing is to follow your LO's lead and cues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"