January 2013 Moms

White Noise machines/Music Box

Do you guys still use these?  Anyone know when we transition off them?  DD is a SUPER light sleeper (as am I) so we run a humidifier AND a white noise machine in her room still.  The WN machine we have turned down some but they both are going to keep outside noises at bay.  She also has a music box on the side of her crib that I hear frequently turned on at night as a soother. 

When do kids get rid of this crud?  i don't forsee her ever being a deep sleeper and I picture adding another baby someday that will be loud at night and I feel like my kid will be sleeping in a white noisy room until college. 

Anyone have first kids off this stuff or weaned our January babies off theirs?  I think i will transition to a hand held stuffed animal-type music once we would go to a big kid bed but no nothing else beyond that. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: White Noise machines/Music Box

• b0710 said:

Never ;) DH and I sleep with a box fan going, as do both of my kids. This became a necessity during my college years and I got hooked. No need to wreck a good thing.

This our house too. I was just telling H that we need to get another fan for the nursery.

The only problem is when we travel at times. Once we went to Chicago and no one got any sleep without the fan.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• DS still uses his aquarium sound machine every night. When we transitioned to a twin bed we just put it on the dresser, he can reach it from his bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS actually turns his music on before he climbs into bed. I switched it to the 20 minute setting a long time ago (but I don't remember when) so he only uses it to fall asleep. I got him a stuffed animal one for Christmas, so I don't know how the transition will go yet.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• DD still uses hers every night. And now I am used to ocean waves thanks to the baby monitor ;)

I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. DD sleeps like a champ most nights and I'm not messing that up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have a fan going at all times in DD's bedroom. I don't see us stopping that any time soon especially with lo set to arrive any time now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I play music and don't intend to stop. He's too light of a sleeper and being anle to sleep to background noise is a goos skill if we ever get to add another baby to the mix.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD still uses a sound machine, and when we travel we use a sound machine app on our phones. I haven't really thought much about getting rid of it, but there have been times she's slept without if and I'm not sure it made much difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"