Preemies

Most helpful support/care items

My husband's cousin and I were pregnant at the same time, but she went into pre-term labor and ended up delivering her baby girl at 23 weeks, 4 days. It's now been 3 weeks. We live halfway across the country, but I'd like to send a care package to show our love and support. Does anybody have any advice on what to include? Here's what I've been considering, but I'm open to all feedback:
  • Reusable water bottle
  • Notebook/file for keeping track of paperwork
  • Pens
  • Hand sanitizer or antibacterial lotion
  • Chapstick
  • Tissues
  • Mints
  • Gift cards--restaurants, gas?
  • Snacks?
  • Something for baby--but what since she's still only 1.5 lbs?
  • Something for 3 year-old brother
Any suggestions? 

Re: Most helpful support/care items

• My friend got me a picture frame that said "So Tiny. So Loved" - The engraving is what made it great! 

Your list is really thoughtful though! I also would have loved to have someone offer to pay for our monthly parking. It wasn't overly expensive ($70) but with that and gas, it got expensive fast.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Great suggestions. I'll try to find out what the parking situation at their hospital is. I'm sure they would also love a really nice hand lotion. Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • If you wanted to get something for the baby, you could get a blanket to cover the incubator would be thoughtful. There are plenty of them on Etsy. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• This blog was put together by bumpies a few years ago.  Here is the list we compiled on this topic.  How is her baby doing?

https://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/p/what-can-i-do-for-my-friend.html
    Thanks for the link! Her baby is doing pretty well, but of course they wish she was gaining more weight/faster. They taken out and had to put back in her ventilation tubes a couple times. Overall, I think the doctors are pleased with her progress, but it's a roller coaster.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"