February 2014 Moms

CPF: Is imitation really the highest form of flattery?

TessyMessyTessyMessy member
edited November 2014 in February 2014 Moms

I know its common for people that work closely together to adopt some of each other's quirks. But I have one that has taken it to a whole new level.

She has adopted several of my "Tessy-isms"-- the way I say things that are very unique and weird.

Suddenly she has a very strong interest in all of my projects at work and wants to be involved in all of them-- even claiming some of my ideas as her own. She follows me on Pintrest and starts quite a few craft projects I pinned. I actually created a private board because of her!

She went to my hairdresser and asked for the same hairstyle as me (thankfully my hairdresser is a BFF and she said no, haha!)

And now she just asked me what kind of scented lotion I wear because she wants the same one. Ummm.. no. I do not want you to smell like me.

I seriously feel like she would skin me and wear me like last years Versace. Bonus points if you get the reference!

CPF: Is imitation really the highest form of flattery? 87 votes

Yes imitation is the highest form of flattery. Tessy you are being cray-cray
1% 1 vote
No, this B***ch is cray cray and you should not be alone with her. ever.
60% 53 votes
A little imitation is OK in moderation
35% 31 votes
SS- 'splain yourself
1% 1 vote
This poll is dumb :)
1% 1 vote

Re: CPF: Is imitation really the highest form of flattery?

• Loading the player...
  • TessyMessyTessyMessy member
    edited November 2014

@shellbell3845 I suppose it should read CPF:

Why are you answering this poll when you can LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!!

Lastly, I'm disappointed you did not get my reference.

• @shellbell3845 I suppose it should read CPF:

Why are you answering this poll when you can LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!!

Lastly, I'm disappointed you did not get my reference.

The street where the stores are? Is closed.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Reference to what?
  • Reference to what?

I seriously feel like she would skin me and wear me like last years Versace. 

• Reference to what?

I seriously feel like she would skin me and wear me like last years Versace. 

Brb I need to google
  • Well. When I google, this thread is the first thing that comes up.

I should have guessed RHONJ
  • Well. When I google, this thread is the first thing that comes up. I should have guessed RHONJ

Yup!

• She sounds a bit too much on the Single White Female side of imitation.

+1 - I thought the same thing as I was reading this.

Also, I do not like that she uses your ideas and claims them as her own.  That is a huge no-no in my book.

Everyone knows she is not coming up with these ideas.. that is the funniest or weirdest part! She was called out on this earlier this week by our Director.

• Um, that's creepy.

The lotion part really got to me for some reason. Isn't scent the strongest part of our memory? #fvckingcreepy

I think liking other people and/or things they have is fine. "I really like your wrap, where did you get that print at? I have to have that one because it's so pretty!"

But "saying", "I must smell like you, and even look like you with matching hairstyles!" THAT'S crossing the line.

I would start answering her bizarre questions with total lies just to see what happens.
  • Um, that's creepy. The lotion part really got to me for some reason. Isn't scent the strongest part of our memory? #fvckingcreepy I think liking other people and/or things they have is fine. "I really like your wrap, where did you get that print at? I have to have that one because it's so pretty!" But "saying", "I must smell like you, and even look like you with matching hairstyles!" THAT'S crossing the line. I would start answering her bizarre questions with total lies just to see what happens.

Re lotion: Yes!! DH loves the lotion I wear and I have been using it for over 8 years. I couldn't imagine her smelling like me or her H (who also works for the same company) smelling me and thinking of her or vice versa. I tried to explain that to her but it didn't sink in. So I lied and told her it was something different. A few days later she told me that she saw the real bottle of the lotion on my desk!! Ughh. I am going to be having a scent identity crisis soon.

• I think you should announce loudly that tomorrow you're going to wear a pink shirt and black pants (or whatever), then wear something different, watch Stalker wear that outfit, and then you say "what? Are you trying to be me?"
  • KarlamoKarlamo member
    edited November 2014

I realized this post may have came off totally AW. It was not meant to be "Hey, I'm so awesome and people want to be like me". It was more like "Hey, I think this lady is whack for acting this way" and I wanted to see what you ladies thought.

Was it my comment?? I was being funny, sort of like "the Rachel do"  from friends that everyone went nuts over. 

I think you're in a crappy situation because you have to work with her and how do you be yourself when someone is watching your every move. 

There could be mental health issues at play here that you're not aware of.  A talk to HR would be good so you have it down for the record.  Who  knows maybe she has had others complain about her too.

Edit:  AW: first time stuck in the box!!! grrr 

• Karlamo said:

I realized this post may have came off totally AW. It was not meant to be "Hey, I'm so awesome and people want to be like me". It was more like "Hey, I think this lady is whack for acting this way" and I wanted to see what you ladies thought.

Was it my comment?? I was being funny, sort of like "the Rachel do"  from friends that everyone went nuts over. 

I think you're in a crappy situation because you have to work with her and how do you be yourself when someone is watching your every move. 

There could be mental health issues at play here that you're not aware of.  A talk to HR would be good so you have it down for the record.  Who  knows maybe she has had others complain about her too.

Edit:  AW: first time stuck in the box!!! grrr 

No way. I thought your comment was funny! I just didn't want it to seem like I'm totally awesome and all the kids want to be cool like me.

Ironically, the "Tessy" is like a messy version of bed head.  Unless LO actually gives me time to do my hair in the morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"