February 2013 Moms
Options

What's on YOUR holiday gift list this year?

It's that time of year -- the time when my husband and family ask me for a wish list for the holidays, and I cannot think of one damn thing.

Inspire me, Feb '13 mamas!  What are you hoping to get this year? 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

Re: What's on YOUR holiday gift list this year?

• Options
    draeray  All of my items are like more than 6 hours of sleep a night or a brand new house.  Nothing that fits in a giftable price range! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    New slippers
    Can opener
    A hair brush since mine has been missing for 3 months now :/
    A loaf pan
    Big plastic cups/cups with lids and straws
    Book store gift cards
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh! And a new windshield for my car :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am asking for new running sneakers, new boots, some comfy, warm, plaid shirts and some cardigans!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options

A nutribullet
    Sorrel snow boots..they are so ugly but so necessary

Winter head band for my ears/new black gloves that are actually warm

a few weeks of blue apron

a package to a new barre studio that opened in my town.

• Options
    A breadmaker (cause I need another kitchen appliance)
    slippers
    papermate pens- I'm a teacher, thus I MUST have cool.pens!
    a new phone

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Gardening gloves

Set of small dessert bowls

Amazon gift cards so I can buy books for my kindle

Star Wars movies (I know, I'm a nerd)

Frozen movie

Vanilla-scented shower gel

Dish towels
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    Ugh, I don't even know. Gift cards for Lowes and The Container Store so I can tackle a bunch of small home improvement projects I've been putting off?

• Options
    A 23andMe genetic ancestry kit, a PS4, and a new H/C water dispenser. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    Amazon gift cards for my kindle
    Honestly, I haven't thought of anything else yet, but I think even if all I got were gift cards to get kindle books, I would be perfectly happy.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    singingseasingingsea member
    edited November 2014
    Travel mugs that don't leak
    Pedicure
    I'm in fierce need of new clothes, underwear and bras.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options
    A new camera! That's all I have on my list.
  • Options
    I want a gas range to replace my electric one that I HATE.  But that's not in the budget at the moment.  So, I'd like a food processor.  And Target gift cards are always good for me. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ericalee27ericalee27 member
    edited November 2014
    TarheelMama202, I think I missed your gender announcement for #2!!  Exciting!

(Or is that sex announcement?  I don't remember what the preferred nomenclature is)

• Options
    some willpower...
    Yeah....send some of that my way!!!  :))

• Options
    I want the same thing I asked for last year, but didn't get. I want a new winter jacket. A nice one. The one I have now is a large men's coat that my boss gave me for a company I worked for back in 2008. It's big enough I was able to zip it up through one pregnancy, and most of the time I wear it with a thick fall hoodie under it to make it warmer. It's still in great condition, but really? I am looking forward to donating it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hate being asked for this.  I have been racking my brain and honestly what I want is date nights with my DH so I am asking for restaurant gift cards :)  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    @Rynleigh, one of the hats I wear at work is evolutionary biologist, so the fact that you are asking for a 23andMe kit is giving me the warm fuzzies. 
    Then you shall be happy to hear that I also intend to take my "raw data" over to third parties to get more information, too, since FDA shut down the "medical advice" aspect of the service ;) I just submitted a blood panel last week to be screened for Lynch (I do not have cancer, but two second degree relatives who died of colon cancer at 45 and 55 and a slew of family members refusing to be tested), and I have a suspected mutation on my FSHR gene (I had OHSS in at least two spontaneous pregnancies, and probably undetected in my first pregnancy as well). I am not in the research field, but the entire system is fascinating, for me. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    A new purse
    Renewal of my Sirius subscription
    That's all I can think of.
  • Options
    1. A massage
    2. A mani/pedi
    3. Seasons 3&4 of Road to Avonlea
    4. A new sewing basket
    5. Shelving
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks @sagen and @ericalee27! I have had a feeling all along that I was having another little guy. Had an U/S right at 14 weeks and there was no mistaking it-- all boy! We are very excited. And I am thrilled to not have to buy tons of clothes. I have so many cute boy clothes, lol.

Ericalee how far apart are your guys? I think ours will be about the same time apart. 
    Exciting! Mine are 27 months apart, it is an adventure! :)

• Options
    All the LUSH, a Lily & Jade Diaper Bag, a Better Life Bag (I have a thing for bags this year!), a camera for travel agent trips, and a kitten. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

All the LUSH, a Lily & Jade Diaper Bag, a Better Life Bag (I have a thing for bags this year!), a camera for travel agent trips, and a kitten. 

Yes to LUSH! That's usually the start of my xmas gift list every year "surprise me with something from LUSH"

• Options
    Black quilted rain boots
    A pink peacoat
    Gift card for a cleaning service

What I really want is a new bed and awesome mattress. You know, if Santa's dropping stuff off for free.

I like cookies.

• Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited November 2014
    I want a new bed. That's all. My back just hurts so badly every dang morning I can hardly move.

If not that, then a Suburban with 4wd.

But neither of those are in our Christmas budget, so I'll probably get the same thing as last year. Nothing.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    DC2London said:
    A JAB sighting!

::staples @JumpAroundBucky to the board::
    Bahahahaha, I'm TRYING to check in here and there! Let's face it guys, I'm the worst. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm terrible about gift ideas for myself, so reading through these posts has given me some good ideas.

1. New winter gloves

2. New long winter coat for work

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• Options
    Thanks @sagen and @ericalee27! I have had a feeling all along that I was having another little guy. Had an U/S right at 14 weeks and there was no mistaking it-- all boy! We are very excited. And I am thrilled to not have to buy tons of clothes. I have so many cute boy clothes, lol.

Ericalee how far apart are your guys? I think ours will be about the same time apart. 
    YES, mine will be 27 months apart too. It will be nuts. 

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options

YES, mine will be 27 months apart too. It will be nuts. 

Haha, that's awesome!

• Options
    Dh apparently already got my gift; as usual I don't have a clue what it is.

List includes:
    This cute pair of shoes I saw on ModCloth
    Pedicure and/or massage gift card
    Barnes and Noble gift card to buy ebooks
    An ergo baby carrier
    Gap or Nordstrom gift card
    A dance studio membership...I really want to pick it back up after this kiddo

• Options
    we are hoping to buy a new house. (just waiting for someone to buy ours first) Depending on the timing of that- probably will be a light Christmas. I do want an alumni license plate holder for my new car that I got back in July. 

I also wouldn't mind an ipad or a kindle. I won't let DH spend the money though from our bank account and credit cards are off limits since we are trying to keep our balances very low.
  • Options
    wells2010 said:
    we are hoping to buy a new house. ... I won't let DH spend the money though from our bank account and credit cards are off limits since we are trying to keep our balances very low.
    This is where we are too!  We are doing a lot of work to our house right now in prep for sale, so I don't want to spend a lot on christmas this year. 

In the spirit of helping out someone else, here are a few things that I finally came up as the list for my family....

Chunky knit, over-sized cardigan either gray or camel
    Pure Grace perfume
    Gift certificate from my favorite day spa for pedis
    Dad is Fat, book by Jim Gaffigan
    Surprise me with something from LUSH :)

• Options
    Good luck to all of us selling!!!

• Options
    I already received my Christmas present from my H. On the day tickets went on sale, I happened to hear that a touring show I really like was going to be in our town. My H happened to be in town that day, so I called and had him get tickets.

It was great! I found my contacts and make up, did my hair, wore a fancy (not kid-friendly) outfit I haven't had the opportunity to wear in years. We went to a nice restaurant and had wine and stopped for dessert after the show. After a busy fall, it was nice to spend time with my H and catch a glimpse of the "old me" (pre-marriage & pre-kid).

I always get money from my parents. I think I'll save that for pedicures during sandal weather next year (I have terrible feet...bad callouses on my heels. On the other hand, my H, who rarely wears sandals and obviously never paints his toes, just naturally has really nice feet...why??!??! And why do guys get the long eyelashes??? :end rant: )

And since I'm a dork, I might also get a few cleaning items from the FlyLady website.

Lots of good ideas listed here!!!

@DC2London‌ I'd be interested in how you like your dust buster. I've only got one LO, but the food on the floor drives me nuts, or rather that it can migrate from the kitchen to the entire house if not quickly contained. Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"