TTC after 35

@Radiantly

How are you?  Just thinking about you... I try to keep a heads up on all as we end a cycle.

Re: @Radiantly

• Omg thanks for the shout out!! My first :)

It is CD1!!! 15 day luteal phase got my hopes up.

I am all crampy now and can't wait fr a relaxinG weekend. I saw my acupuncturist today for the first time in over a month. She said I seem ready but that I need to build my blood. Bone broth red meat and beets and berries.

She is confident I can do this naturally and she pointed out that if I do the lapro surgery I will have to heal before jumping back into TTC. I'm going to call my RE on Monday and ask about that. Also about complications for pregnancy or labor pains. She said muscles can be torn in surgery and it takes up to 6 months to fully heal.

I am thinking of calling a second RE and getting another opinion. The surgery seems like a big deal for me. My body is so frikken sensitive I just feel like I agree with her. I try to not live in fear. The surgery is a form of fear, if you follow. Like if I succumb to surgery I am saying to God that I don't have faith that I will conceive naturally. I am praying for this baby.

Thanks again. Next month it will be right around the holidays when I have the next chance.

End whine. Now Wine.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • CML11CML11 member
    edited November 2014
    I am somewhat religious, but I know that I cannot conceive naturally. It's not even a question. But I do need God to do what man cannot and that is to breath life into these embies and continue to help them grow.
    I don't think you should put your TTC on hold because you feel it is a lack of faith. God gave us these medical interventions for a reason. Just like a diabetic has to take insulin, sometimes there are things that require medical intervention. Infertility is a real diagnosis that I think can get down played.

Good luck with what you decide (hope I didn't offend in any way).
  • Loading the player...
  • *hugs* and good luck to you @Radiantly‌
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Hi radiantly, I haven't followed your story so far, but just wanted to say good luck and best wishes to you.

My body has been very sensitive the last few months, so I've been trying to find a new balance finding the right life style choices that work for me, so I do know what it's like feeling unsure about how you might react to a medical procedure. 

I just wanted to say, in reference to the faith in God thing, that I believe very firmly that God has given us brains to create the science that we have. Yes that means sometimes we need to decide if there is a moral reason not to use some of that science, but I don't believe having laproscopic surgery falls into that.

To me it would be like saying, I don't want to take this life saving drug because it feels like it's doubting God will save me.

Either way, I think you're right to gather all the information and informed opinions that you can. Best wishes with your decision.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I had lap surgery in Jan of this yr. It's not that big of a deal. No real pain from it & my RE advised me to start trying right away. He was able to unlock my tubes but stated that scar tissue can form very quickly after, causing them to close again. Mine didn't close but I still wasn't getting pregnant after timed intercourse & Clomid. We decided to not waste anymore time & move on to ivf.
    I believe God gave us these tools to use to make it possible for us to conceive. I always prayed for advancement in ivf & it has come a long way, through the grace of God. I always have faith in my Creator & he hasn't let me down yet.
  • Thanks all. I agree and it is helpful to see @CML11‌'s post. I am biased towards natural medicine and scared/scarred from western med doctors because of my health history. I posted long winded in the past about my rheumatologists and orthopedists wanting to do surgery on my wrists and how I was on increasing pain meds and steroids.

7 years SEVEN YEARS (have to cap that. It was a nightmare) i was living in pain and couldn't work. From when I was 20-28. I was in casts on both wrists and my body ached So much. No doctors knew what was wrong with me. Saw multiple Rheumatologists orthopedists gastroenterologist allergists pain management doctors all clueless. I had to search elsewhere for answers. Long path of healing via diet, acupuncture and spiritual work as well as divorcing my ex husband. I got mostly better.

My pattern has been that Every time I've been to the doctor I find that my health problems are too subtle for them to figure out. Or things go wrong that are unusual like my Paraguard IUD breaking in 3 pieces and me being on the table for 45 minutes while my gyno dug it out. While saying oh susan your body just doesn't like doctors. (She got me haha)

My case with my RE is that he thinks I likely have endo because I have a 1.8cm endometrioma on my R ovary and the HSG showed R blockage. So I can still get pregnant naturally without the surgery in theory. However he said endo can cause an upset in the balance of the fluid and spermies can have difficulty swimming/get attacked by auto-immune reaction.

My functional medicine doctor found more details than my RE who said my hormones were "fine". FM dr found I have inflammation systemically (I'm convinced this is leftover from my 7 year mystery pains/tendinitis saga) and I am being more strict about my diet. I've already been so sensitive to gluten now it's caffeine too.

All this to say that my personal experience with western doctors always points to my case being confusing to them and I've been told I need surgery before only to HEAL ON MY OWN.

So that's my story. Screwed over before only to be saved by alternative medicine. I'm 2 months into a 3 month protocol of some drops and pills by my fm. I'm hoping that when I go back to the RE that he looks in me and my endoMetrioma is gone down and I've naturally unblocked my tubes.

Interesting about being able to try TTC right after lapro. Is that other people's experience too?

Thank this board means SO MUCH to me. Love!!!
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • I had the surgery in October, and was told no sex for two weeks so I could heal. I wasn't told to delay TTC any longer than that.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Oh @Radiantly, I don't blame you for being mistrustful of western medicine after your experiences, but I always try to see both sides.  I truly believe there is a place for both in everyone's lives.  I'm a nurse practitioner - so clearly I believe in western medicine, but I also see a chiropractor and acupuncturist, believe diet truly does affect your life and health in ways we don't even understand, and truly feel there is a place for many other alternative therapies.  

If you're two months in to your protocol, why not wait till that's done, go back and see how the endometrioma/tube look, and then decide if you want to move forward.  In the meantime, I think you really do need to find out from your RE what the recovery time is.  I have no experience with endo, but I've also heard they do actually want you trying again as soon as possible since it will build back up.

Good luck!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @health&jas
    Thank you!! This was very good advice. I spoke with 2 friends today who both said pretty much the same thing. Going to call the other RE too and see about a second opinion.
    The pressure from my mom to do surgery soon is hard. I'm glad we haven't told my in laws the details.
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • This is hilarious (maybe that's too strong a word but...) so I called my RE today to schedule a follow-up and turns out he LEFT the clinic and they don't say where to!  I googled him and it's only showing that address.  So I made an appt with his colleague for 2 weeks from now and my plan is to meet him but get my record copies and pray hope to get an appt with a doctor at a different clinic that is famous for being compassionate. My friend really liked him.  I emailed that office today about setting up an appt. I feel better. And I told my mom so she is happy (she likes doctors).
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • I hope you're able to find a doctor who is sensitive to your needs and who you really like.  Good luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Could be a blessing in disguise that your old RE left!! All my best to you @Radiantly !!!!
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• @Radiantly I hope the new RE is better than the first. Good luck with your visit.
  • Good luck with the new RE!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Oh man that's crazy! Good luck with the new RE!
  • Hope your new RE will get you to your BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Best wishes for moving forward!
  • Thanks - I just got the first appointment available at a RE that I've been wanting to go to - Dr Jeffrey Wang in NYC - it's on Feb 3rd.  

I'm seeing the old office that I was going to Dec 11th and will ask for my records and then in Feb, go to Dr Wang. He's been awarded "most compassionate doctor" for years and my friend went to see him and really liked him.  Ironically she also saw this other Dr that I'm going to see Dec 11th and didn't like him. She saw Dr Wang last December and got pregnant naturally after their consultation.
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • So hoping you get your BFP soon @Radiantly

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"