LGBT Parenting
Options

Feel Good Friday

Happy Friday Everyone!

Tell us a few things you feel good about today!

After you have done that, share with us your plans for the weekend! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Feel Good Friday

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited November 2014

Today I feel good about the following:

* I put my jeans on right out of the dryer this morning and they were still loose! I think I will be ready to go down another size in a couple of weeks :)

* Christmas music on the radio on my ride into work this morning

* The pumpkin coffee I decided to stop for this morning - good decision!

* I am on vacation at the end of this work day until December 1st. My first time off since maternity leave. I am soooo excited!

THIS WEEKEND...

Tomorrow we are planning to drop my car off in the morning to get serviced and inspected, then we are both planning to get hair cuts (in shifts, while the other is walking around/hanging with Will), then probably lunch, then my wife really wants a pedicure and I have a few other errands I want to run -- so she is going to drop me off with Will at a shopping center, then she is going to go down the street for a pedicure and come back to get us. We will probably stop as a grocery store for a few small things for the weekend, then we will head home... busy day!

Sunday is all about laundry and packing. We are leaving for Boston on Tuesday morning... and we have a big day on Monday! Stay tuned for more on that! ;-)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Feeling good that last night, I went to 8pm Bikram Yoga class!! This is a big deal on many fronts. It was my first Bikram class in about a year; I have a total love/hate relationship with thus yoga and yesterday was a "love" day; while my practice is sh*t compared to what it once was, I did pretty well!! And, I woke up feeling a wee less creaky today. Yay!

No big plans this weekend really. Dinner at our new (gay dads) friends house on Sunday. I haven't seen my mom in a while so possibley a visit with her...J works both days I think, but is typically done by 1pm. Otherwise just kickin' it with lil'S!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is a happy week for us! We are in Guerneville in the redwooded part of wine country in Sonoma County. It's the gayest little village west of Privincetown and we LOVE it! Not just here but all the little towns around here are adorable and in my pre-pregnancy pre-lactating days I use to love wine tasting. Just looking at the fall colored vines and bucolic open fields that fill the rolling hills and valleys of Sonoma make me happy. We are thinking of possibly moving up here in the next year or so and we are going to tour a daycare/preschool today if our plan works out. So our plan for the weekend- walk around Jenner on the coast, watch my wife taste champagne at Korbel, sit in front of the fire listening to the rain in our little house we rented.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

I feel good about the following;

- I ovulated as predicted and we have excellent timing this cycle. 
    - I get to do some holiday baking this evening for a Friendsgiving we are attending this weekend.
    - DW and I repainted our living room last weekend and the new decor is coming together beautifully.

Tonight we are making turkey chili and staying in to watch movies.  Tomorrow we are picking up our wedding rings and going to a Friendsgiving in the evening.  We go every year and it is always exciting to see everyone and catch up.  Sunday we are focused on laundry and any final touches we need to do to have the place ready for DW's Grandmother who will be staying with for Thanksgiving.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    2momsinCA said:
    It is a happy week for us! We are in Guerneville in the redwooded part of wine country in Sonoma County. It's the gayest little village west of Privincetown and we LOVE it! Not just here but all the little towns around here are adorable and in my pre-pregnancy pre-lactating days I use to love wine tasting. Just looking at the fall colored vines and bucolic open fields that fill the rolling hills and valleys of Sonoma make me happy. We are thinking of possibly moving up here in the next year or so and we are going to tour a daycare/preschool today if our plan works out. So our plan for the weekend- walk around Jenner on the coast, watch my wife taste champagne at Korbel, sit in front of the fire listening to the rain in our little house we rented.

this sounds like so much fun i wanna go there :) and the jelly belly factory lol 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @2momsinCA‌, have fun! You know its OK to drink in moderation while bfing, right?
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My migraine is gone!!

Thijs is just the cutest thing and I don't even mind waking up at 430 to hang out with him (when I don't have a migraine that is). 

J did lots of laundry and cleaning up last night while Thijs and I slept. I told her how happy I was that she cleaned the garbage can and half joked that it was the best way to turn me on. I guess she was listening haha. 

Tonight we are going to our future SIL's b-day dinner. We are both leaving work early to get up there in time since it's about 45 minutes away, more with the awful traffic.

Tomorrow I think we are going to my dad's to work on the table. 

Sunday we are going to go shopping for Thanksgiving dinner and do some other house stuff. I need to take Thijs' 5 month picture as well. I'll probably do it Sunday since I haven't made the board yet, oops. I think there is something I am forgetting, but I can't remember right now. Oh wait..going to go get fleece to make liners for M's diapers. I am hoping it helps with the night wakeups, we shall see. 

• Options
    I'm getting kicked in the ribs- movement is good right! lol
    Work is over in 1 1/2 hrs... and i'll probably run out to pick up DWs car and some cash for the guy coming to do work tomorrow
    The work (small room that is in between our house --garage-- basement) should be done this weekend
    I will be seeing my sister next week, she's coming for the holiday (she moved to KC,MO last year) 

This weekend: hopefully saving some $ on early BF deals  LOL

Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @2momsinCA‌ - I love Sonoma County, we lived near the Marin County border and still own a home there. If it was a commutable location for my wife's work I would have moved back. Have fun in Guerneville!!

I just have to gush for a minute.... I just love my job and I can't believe that it's really happening! We have clients, gigs on the calendar (not that many but it's a start). I'm working everyday and I love it.

Just stopped by EVs work with the kids, they we're having a potluck and it was fun to see everyone. She works with great people.

Owen weighs 21lbs and is 28" long. He's in the 93% for both height/weight. Such a lil' chunker.

Our nephew was born this morning at 6:30ish. Mom & baby are doing great and I'm so happy for them.

Tonight (or tomorrow night) I might ask EV for the night off so I can go to see Mockingjay. I need a little me time (even if it means sitting in a crowded theater alone ;-) ). Saturday is likely a day to catch up on household things. Sunday we're driving North to visit friends who are visiting from Los Angeles.
  • Options
    I took Friday as a sick day. While I was congested and sneezing, I took the day to do 1001 things that needed to be done: grocery store, oil change, car inspection, lunch (someplace that no one in my family but me likes!), Kohls, and Marshalls. Then I came home, paid bills, did laundry,  cleaned up the house in preparation for my ILs arrival, and picked up the kids from school when they got out (vs in aftercare.) I need days where I just can get stuff done.

ILs are here now. No idea what we are doing this weekend. I am sure we will go to the mall so ILs can walk, I'm sure we will go out to eat...other than that no clue! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @ball.and.chain‌ I've had some sips! But I haven't brought myself to drink a full glass. My wife bought a couple local bottles and I had to try them. We drove around yesterday and it felt odd to pass literally dozens of tasting rooms and not stop.

@jazibel thanks! I'm so sorry the Marin area is not commutable. Marin is so beautiful and you are lucky to own a home there. We would be happy with one of these guerneville area hillside shacks but Marin would be a dream.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    2momsinCA said:

@jazibel thanks! I'm so sorry the Marin area is not commutable. Marin is so beautiful and you are lucky to own a home there. We would be happy with one of these guerneville area hillside shacks but Marin would be a dream.

Our home is actually in southern Sonoma county. Petaluma has a great historic downtown and because Northern CA is building a commuter train to San Franscico (alas EV works in Silicon Valley) the town is growning like crazy. The Sonoma coast is so beautiful - Jenner would be an amazing place to live! Feel free to PM if you need anything. :-)
  • Options
    A day late... I feel good that my FIL was able to get home safely from Buffalo on Thursday. I feel good that C and I are reconnecting. Grown up time twice in an hour! Hallelujah!!!! Right now we are deciding on what to do tonight. It's either a ham & turkey raffle or to a bar with a band. I'm rooting for the bar & band. Tomorrow we are helping my Dad with a few things, having dinner with my Mom and Dad and hopefully getting the motorcycle put away.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    2momsinCA said:
    @ball.and.chain‌ I've had some sips! But I haven't brought myself to drink a full glass. My wife bought a couple local bottles and I had to try them. We drove around yesterday and it felt odd to pass literally dozens of tasting rooms and not stop.
    Well I urge you to have more than a sip!  The LC who taught my bfing class said it is fine to drink and bf.  She said if you feel sober enough to drive, you are sober enough to bf.  And I confirmed this with the LC who came to my house after B was born.  She said by the time you drank enough to get enough alcohol in your breast milk to affect the baby, you'd be too drunk to take care of the baby.

Have a glass!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    I'm a day late as well. I was pretty much out of commission yesterday. I had severe cramps after my IuI yesterday morning but I am so happy for having it! I was happy yesterday for getting a day off and being able to lay in bed with my monstrous cramps.
    Today my wife went to the high school playoff games with her dad at cowboys stadium and I stayed at home and cleaned and set up the Christmas tree. I didn't decorate though because that is something my wife and I do together. I made roast and pumpkin pie today:)
    As for tomorrow I am back on duty for the next 16 days. No days off. So I'm enjoying the rest of the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"