May 2014 Moms
Options

Heat is broken

So my heat has decided to stop working... It's now2 am... Temp in nursery reads 59degrees and it's 34 outside and getting colder. Should I be worried about lo or leave her in the room til she wakes? I put a small blanket on her but now I'm freaking out about that too ... Any advice?
Pregnancy Ticker
XoXo, Dee

Re: Heat is broken

• Options
    Can you stay in the same room as her until she wakes? Do you have space heaters? I'd not wake but be very close to get and bundle up when she does wake.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We don't have space heaters (just bought the house in May) but will def be buying some this weekend. I am my room (next door) wide awake (of course husband is sleeping soundly) I am watching her on the video monitor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The irony of the situation is usually the heat works so strongly that I always put her in cotton pjs and a muslin sleep sack... Had I known heat wasn't working I would have put a layer under the pjs and in a full sleeper
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
  • Options
    Ours decided to stop working as well recently and we used a space heater in her room. I know you said you didn't have one yet but if you do use one I would leave the door open because we shut hers and it got pretty hot in there in the middle of the night even though we had it set to a certain temp. It could just be our space heater too. Also depending on which kind you buy they can make the air really dry. We have two and one makes me itch because of how dry it will get. There is a certain kind you can but that won't do that.

Also we found out ours was just the batteries needing to be replaced in the thermostat. We thought it was plugged into the house and didn't realize it needed batteries.

• Options
    Thank you all, she ended up sleeping just fine, of course I was up all night. Our heat service repair man came yesterday afternoon and fixed the problem so we are back to a warm home :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"