Working Moms
Options

NWMR: Single vs. Double stroller @ WDW

I've been so swamped with everything that I haven't really had time to focus on the fact that we are about to go on vacation. Something big I need to decide concerns strollers for our two kids and I'm hoping some of you ladies have a thought about this!

We're going to WDW December 1. I have an 8 month old DD that is pretty small, and a 3 year old. I know for certain that they both need strollers.

Principle question (bringing vs. renting aside) - should I use a double stroller or 2 singles?

Our current double stroller is one of the long, sit n stands and is super heavy. So if we do a double I'd probably either rent a city mini or buy some other lighter-weight double stroller. If I can find a twin Maclaren at this late date that would probably be my preference for double strollers...I think.

Alternatively I could bring 2 light-weight single strollers. Or even bring 1 umbrella stroller and rent a single city mini.

Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

Re: NWMR: Single vs. Double stroller @ WDW

• Options
    THe only reason I'd say go with the singles is if there is a chance one of you will leave with one of the kids to go back to the room or something (if you're staying close by or on property). The other thing to keep in mind is lugging a double on & off the bus along w/ the 2 kids if you're staying on property but not on a monorail line & plan to take the bus.
  • Options
    We're at the contemporary this time so at least we are on the monorail and on property. I will go with a double. You're totally right about one person being stuck. We even ran into that at the zoo when we went with two singles, which was much less of a trip than wdw, obviously.

\image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Highly recommend renting the double city mini, that is what we did, no issues. I also recommend bringing a carrier. I wasn't really big into wearing my kids, and didn't do it when they were past the baby stage, except for Disney. There are so many places that you can't bring the stroller that my little ones got tired of standing and I very quickly go tired of carrying them.
    DD Nov 2010 ~ DS June 2012
  • Options
    Double.  We used a double at Disney and when one was not sitting in it we used it to store stuff.  Also, one could have the stroller while the other walked with the one not riding, could get food, etc.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't go ANYWHERE without my double and my kids are your kids age exactly. 8 months and almost 3 in a few months. Just easier and if you do two strollers both you and your husband's hands are full. Easier to have one stroller and run after one child if need be hands free. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"