TTC after 35
Options

I think I'm going into lurk mode

Hey all,
It's been kinda crazy busy in these parts. So I have not been participating as much.  

I have an appointment with the RE to discuss my second thyroid results (of course I have to have an appointment to do that).  On the phone they told me I was going to be referred to an endocrinologist so I am assuming I am going to be doing some medication therapy.  

I think what's best for us is to allow that regulation to take place and wait a few months in order for it to happen. We will see what the RE's recs are though. This is on the heels of AF showing up for the 16th cycle.  I'm struggling with that.  

So I'm venting, feeling sorry for myself, and hope to get back in the participation boat soon but I'm so in the dumps.

Re: I think I'm going into lurk mode

• Options
    I'm sorry.  Do what you need to be the healthiest you possible.  FX that you can get a great doctor and a plan to help you reach your BFP.  We will miss you if you go into total lurk mode.  There are always the GTKY questions and NTTGPR posts you could participate in.  Of course you need to do what is best for you and I understand how frustrating TTC conversations can be when you are not able to.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    vh2014vh2014 member
    edited November 2014
    Good luck! I love my endocrinologist. He's so much better than my primary care doc. I guess it's like seeing an RE instead of an OB. I feel so much better under his care, and I didn't know I felt bad until I felt better. :) great advice about all kinds of things. ..weight, vitamins, old age (lol), etc. Here's hoping you get a great one too!
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best wishes for you!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling down! You know we're always here for you and wish you the best!
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    Sorry you're feeling down. Hope when you look back on all this later on it will just seem like a small hiccup. Hope you get the answers you're looking for. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch right now. *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Sorry things are rough, take care of yourself!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    So sorry your having it rough now.  I hope they can get you to the healthiest you possible and you can continue your TTC journey soon.

• Options
    Sorry, I hope everything goes well with the endocrinologist and your back soon.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope things go well and that you get lots of answers. I hope to see you back here soon.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    First, I'm sorry you're feeling down.  Big hugs.  >:D<
    Second, I really hope working with the endocrinologist makes all the difference and you're successful soon.
    Third, we'll all miss you, but you obviously need to do what's best for your own peace of mind right now.  Don't be a stranger, though!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Get all your ducks in a row and come back to us soon.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Good luck to you at your apt. Hope the doctors have a speedy plan for you
  • Options
    You have to do what's right for you. Good luck. Come back when you are ready.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a difficult time. I hope that your endocrinologist can help to regulate your thyroid quickly so that you can continue TTC. Please drop by from time to time if you feel like it. We will miss you.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Thank you all for the support and general awesomenss- I do need to take care of this.  The RE recommended not TTC until I was regulated by the new endocrinologist. As some of you suggested in a post I made about a month ago, it does look like I have Hashimoto's.  My other blood work levels were normal but my AMH was 1.08, so barely normal I guess.  Once we get back into the swing we will be medically TTC right away.  My endo appt. is 12-19, so hoping to be trying again soon after the new year.  I will still be checking out things from time to time.    

Cheering for holiday BFPs!
  • Options
    I hope the issues get ironed out so you can have new year, new approach success!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support and general awesomenss- I do need to take care of this.  The RE recommended not TTC until I was regulated by the new endocrinologist. As some of you suggested in a post I made about a month ago, it does look like I have Hashimoto's.  My other blood work levels were normal but my AMH was 1.08, so barely normal I guess.  Once we get back into the swing we will be medically TTC right away.  My endo appt. is 12-19, so hoping to be trying again soon after the new year.  I will still be checking out things from time to time.    

Cheering for holiday BFPs!
    Mine is 1.05, and my RE is actually really happy with that, for my age.  If we were 25, numbers like that would definitely be worrying, but our wrinkled old ovaries are doing OK. :)

Once again, good luck with the endocrinologist.  I hope everything is sorted out soon!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"