Working Moms
Options

Recruiters

Sorry for all the recruiter questions and this may be more of a vent. There is a position I really want. I was contacted by the company recruiter a while ago, did a phone interview, but wasn't selected for interviews. 3-4 weeks later I'm contacted by a different company recruiter about the same job. I was busy at work, he left a message asking me my current status because they were looking to do interviews in the coming weeks, asked me to call him back, preferably the same day. I called him back a few hours later, left a VM giving him some time slots I had for the rest of the day and next morning or asked him to send me a email to coordinate a time. And now I haven't heard a peep from him. This was over a week ago. I left him 3-4 additional VMs since. I also called the recruiter I was dealing with just to check out the situation. Apparently he transferred the req over to this guy. This is ridiculous, I am starting to feel like a crazy stalker, but he called me!!

Is there anything else I can do at this point? I'm afraid if I let it go I definitely won't be considered. But, if I keep calling I'm going to be the crazy candidate. I could also contact the first recruiter and see if there is anything he can do, but again I venture into crazytown.

DD Nov 2010 ~ DS June 2012

Re: Recruiters

• Options
    I would call or email one more time and again express your interest in the position.  Then I would let it go.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    Do you know anyone else there?  They might have insider tips.  But in my experience, that sounds about right.  We rush rush rush then go silent, too and it makes me insane from the inside.  DH has been engaged in a couple of things recently and they are very similar.  Patience after putting it all out there....DH follows up about weekly just to make sure he's not missing something.  After a couple weeks they told him it was on hold until January in one case...Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel your pain and went thru something similar. I would send one final email. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you. This one is really frustrating me. I understand not hearing back from an application, or even not updating me after an interview, but to just plain not return a call after you left me message is super annoying!
    DD Nov 2010 ~ DS June 2012
  • Options
    I went through something similar and actually went on interviews separated by months and months and in both cases they contacted me and then after the second interview which made it seem like I was already hired I heard nothing.

I sent a thank you e-mail and everything but nothing they just died on me and I stopped following up all together because I figured I wouldn't want to work for a company that had a mess for an HR department. (no recruiting companies were involved)
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"