Baby Showers

Baby shower for third baby?

Help! I need opinions please. I have two children from a previous marriage. They are 15 and 6. Since there was a large age gap between them, I did have a shower for my second. I am now remarried and expecting baby number 3. I wasn't planning on having a shower, but my sisters-in-law are insisting that they are throwing me one whether I want it or not because it's my husband's first baby. I appreciate that they want to do this, but now I'm really stressing out about it. I'm afraid that if I invite my family to a third shower I'll come across as tacky and greedy. However, if I don't invite them I'm afraid they'll feel excluded and possibly have hurt feelings. Truth be told though, I don't have anything left from my other children and I was planning on my husband and myself purchasing everything. Would it be in poor taste to have a shower for this baby?

Re: Baby shower for third baby?

• That's what I was thinking. I hadn't even considered having a shower this time around, but they're insisting. Since it's for his side and everyone's so excited, I don't mind so much. My biggest concern is my side of the family. I don't want to come across as greedy, but at the same time I'm afraid if they aren't invited there will be hurt feelings.
  • Accept the shower, but only invite his family (with the exception of your mother and/ or sister(s)).

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Personally, I throw all traditions out the window. If you want to have one, have one... if people want to come - they will... if they want to gift you things, they will... make it a celebration for that baby, it's a reason to celebrate. Screw tradition.
    Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119
  • LOL. 

Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119
  • How about a "sprinkle" with his family only? If the situation gets brought up and your family is hurt just explain this is your third child but your H's first and that you weren't anticipating a shower.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"